Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: ZOMG, help me not suck anymore - 200NL VIDEO

[ QUOTE ]

I thought there were merits to flat calling the min raise A8hh on the 834hh board and calling any turn pretty much. I don't think you pick up in fold equity what you lose in blowing him off hands you completely crush or will bluff, and you're IP

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is never folding a better hand but might use position to pot control us when we hit or get off cheaply with dominated draws. Getting it in on this flop is a no brainer.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:21 AM

OP what stats do you run at?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 PM

I run anywhere between 20/18 and 28/25 depending how much the table is letting me get away with at the time.

Thanks for the comments so far, I've found a few different things to work on and I may make another video here soon and hopefully find some other things to fix.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:30 AM

I thought you 3-bet/squeezed with alot of hands that didn't really merit it. KJs otb seemed like one of the worse ones to 3-bet. UTG tag raises, fishy opponent calls and you REPOP. Sure, that annoying BB may squeeze here but if he really does it that often he's going to bleed away money anyway. You have a hand that loves to see a flop and if you hit TP it's not like you have to get stacked. I would rather squeeze here with 32o then KJs since your cards hardly matter when taking this line in a vacuum.

Also I thought the AJo 3bet was a little suspect since there was an UTG raiser. Once again, your hand becomes total garbage if he throws in a 4-bet. If he smooths, sure sometimes you take down the pot UI on the flop but you can also get stacked when you flop a second-best TP etc. More importantly you didn't really mention any history between you and UTG and how your image affected your decision to make the "squeeze".

In general I think you are a good player (I've watched your other vids) and yes, it is awesome to play laggy. But I think you are bloating the pot preflop a little too much in bad situations. I think you should also be constantly thinking about (verbalize to yourself if need be) your image on EVERY table. Don't just look at your hud stats and go "well I'm a 14/10 in the last 30 hands so I'll raise it up!" but think about your showdowns, how many pots you've won without showdown, and what different players will make of your plays. Your call with AQ in one hand is a decent example. You have two overs and a gutshot when a fishy Villain open-shoves the flop for little over pot. Btw I snapcall this and am happy about it. Your call, while being +EV imo, will probably if not definitely not look that way to your opponents, especially Villain. I'm not trying to lecture you or anything, hell maybe you have a strong internalized concept of image play. However if what I'm saying is helping you then that's a good enough reason to be ranting.

Good luck at the tables man.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:22 PM

When you have QT on a Q855A board, on the river you discuss at length the likelihood of him holding Q9, QT, QJ, QK etc, and how you might play QK/QJ differently, but these hands are identical here since they all play QQ55A.

With the A4s, I think you have to bet the turn, I think it's unlikely that the CO/BTN would've check behind an ace on the A72 twotone flop, it's feasible that the 2nd guy to act might've checked his ace on the flop, but he wouldn't check again on the turn. Once CO bets and BTN calls, I would c/r, you are surely ahead (especially of BTN, checked behind flop then just called turn) but they could easily suckout with their draw/weak pair on the river.