Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Poll: What do you do at the tables?

I eat when i'm hungry, i usually will eat before i play. I also like to play a lot of different games. So i'll play one game for a few hours, get up when hungry and eat then go play something else.

I pee when i have to but try to time so i miss UTG+2-UTG and come back for the blinds.

UTG2-UTG are the 3 toughest spots to make money in flop games. i don't like missing late position hands(the easier seats to come to play the tougher position).

Also i play a lot of mixed and stud games so in stud its easy since there is not blind to miss. usually I go potty, and smoke a cigarette and drop a $20 in a slot machine while smoke.

I do not stack my chips evenly at all, i don't like to know what i have in front of me as i don't want it to affect my play. I play limit games only so the exact number in front of me is not important. I can usually glance at my stacks and somewhat approximate where i am at pretty close anyway. Plus its also a nice surprise when i think i'm up about 150 and then i rack up and realise i am up 180 or something, or think i'm down 100 but find its only 60. I play 10/20 - 20/40 so its all read chips and its easy to be off by a few in a quick look.

No ipod, no sunglasses i like to pay attention.

I will chat and be neighborly with the people next to me, i suggest anyone who is not to change that.

I find when i am Nice to my neighbor they are more likely to give me a free showdown, or free card, or not bet a monster to be my friendly neighbor and usually don't get mad if i bet into them later. Also i have a friend that has a very short temper at the poker table and is not known for making friends at the table as a result, he gets no free cards/showdowns or any friendly courtesy.

may seem silly but saving a few extra bets in a limit game is very helpful.

7 or more players in a flop game and i chop. 6 or less no chop. When short handed if you inform the players next to you that you don't chop 6 handed nobody usually has a problem, especially if I am SB and toss the BB my SB as i fold. Also i can count on 1 hand the number of times there is a chop in a live game in Atlantic city in a single day at my table, so you can't be losing that much by chopping even if the BB/SB is terrible as if rarely presents itself.

/End Rant TL/DR
Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 PM

The sandwich was invented to permit food consumption simultaneous with gambling.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sandwich was invented to permit food consumption simultaneous with gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually called a "gamblewich" in the early days.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:43 PM

I guess I am too damn regular...

Get to table toss down the "coin" I use as a cap, go buy my own chips, as I also get an extra stack or two of the predominate chip to put in my pocket. Sit down, unrack, press the service light and order two cokes, one OJ and one bottled water.

Breaks, I always go after I fold UTG. If I play UTG I wait another orbit. No timetable, just go when I want, I generally come back in time to post the BB or post behind the button. I make sure I get out of the room on my breaks, get the noise, smell, etc away from me for a few minutes. Really makes a difference for me.

Just picked up a iPod touch this week, going to give it a go this weekend. I run hot and cold on chatting, and lately I think I am playing better when I just STFU and play. So I am going to try the iPod.

Chopping, I generally prefer to play than chop. Most of the people I end up with, would prefer to chop but dont get bent when someone wants to play.

I played with sun glasses once, hated it. While I might considered some clear but mirrored glasses if I ever find a pair I like. Locally it doesnt matter, but when I play higher out of town, it would be nice.

I do generally eat a nice dinner when I know I am going to be in a long session. No sense if starving ones self. I play while I eat, but I dont do both at the same time.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM

Fruit and pasta are good choices before playing for long, drawn out energy.

oh yeah..and some kind of "Natural Tears" type eyedrops. Standard Visine is no good. 5-6 hours into a session a drop in each eye every hour really relieves eye strain.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a level? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahaha... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For all of your edification, due to your collective lack of education:

It was called a sandwich because the Earl of Sandwich invented it and loved to gamble in card games. This left one hand his hands free to gamble.

Then he was surpassed in his intellegence only when the theory of relativity was conceived and formulated by Albert Einstein.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: What do you do at the tables?

I do not wear sunglasses, but I also play 4/8 LHE so I find it to be a little ridiculous. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Definately no IPOD. Pet peeve is when someone with one constantly asks about action, what was said etc.

I bring some breakfast bars (I start playing early AM) and a bag of trail mix. I get up between noon and 2pm for lunch depending on how I am running.

Drink only water and lots of it. Which causes frequent bathroom breaks that I time according to my position. Getting back in time for the button/blinds.

I bring my own card protector and yes I change it for the seasons. I am breaking out the pumpkin next visit.

Always chop low limit (4/8 LHE) no need to give Foxwoods more money.

Always chit-chat otherwise I might as well stay at home. This is part of the reason I enjoy the game.

My $.02
Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: What do you do at the tables?

I play @ Foxwoods so no food at the table.

I play long sessions 10-18 hrs. I drink tea rather than coffee so that the caffeine can be more evenly spaced. I am awful when I play tired (too passive)

I have been skipping lunch lately. And it seems to make no difference.

Bathroom breaks I try to take either UTG+2 or UTG+1 immediately after I fold. I don't mind buying the button. Also when there is a "fill" I can usually not miss a hand.

No iPod, sunglasses, I enjoy the people. Usually there are 2 or 3 who will engage.

Dinner break when the excellent players are all back from their breaks.

I tend to stretch my legs when there is a gorgeous woman behind me who I can't see. I can tell she is there because the entire table cranes their necks and goes on tilt. There is an occasional "All-in" that tips me off too. I play LHE.