View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]

You guys do remember that one of the ring members (nlnut I think) has posts here on 2+2 looking for mouseclicking scripts that work on Stars right?

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really a problem with some of the software-threads here on 2+2, they help people a lot wrt developing a bot interface.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Anyone not care if there are bots playing?

I play the game sucessfully on-line with my bare hands.

I find it funny that the OP is using a robot(pokertracker software) to mine and organize huge volumes of data but he and others are in panic mode about a what they perceive to be a more automated bot that another player is using.
I have tried the 30 day free trial of pokertracker, so i know what it does. I do not use it.

So if a site allows pokertracker, in my opinion, it should allow pokerbots.

With regards to poker tracking software, how would you feel if a site, like fulltilt, fully incorporated poker tracker into their software?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 PM

What?

Collecting data and using a program that automatically plays for you are not even close to the same thing.

That was stupid.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if a site allows pokertracker, in my opinion, it should allow pokerbots.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the stupidest thing in this thread.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Wow @ the links to the scripts. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW. I'm the author of many of the AHK scripts in these links. The script fixes he posts are not that tech savvy. At that time many people, who couldn't write such a script themselves, posted about simple fixes like these for various scripts (changing "Edit10" to "Edit12" for instance, when software controls where changed in the poker client).

I wold imagine a person who is savvy enough to run a poker bot would not make a post asking for help with a rather simple script at Stars:

"I am currently using mouse clicker at Full tilt and I would like to use it at Stars as well. Can an AHK author help me? I will pay $50 for one. The following one i use for Full tilt can be found at overcards.com"

Thread in Software forum

Not that the stats don't look suspicious, but if the ScriptGate lead should add any fuel to the fire, it would rather be that he is not running a bot.

Adde
Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 PM

oh, one other thing, someone please correct me if Im wrong

Chuck said he offered to give fulltilt any information if they needed it, but he said they never asked him any questions or anything. So I am assuming, that full tilt looked at all the evidence, that it was 3 separate accounts, from the same IP, all using scripts, that played the exact same way at the exact same times, and without any explanation found them to not be bots? Does that not concern anyone. Even opperating that the sweatshop story is 100% fact, why the eff would fulltilt assume thats what it was without chuck explaining that to them?? That's scary as hell. Because all the evidence SCREAMS bot, its only after you find out more from the people involved that you see it might not be, and if they never even talked to the people involved....

or am I way off here?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You guys do remember that one of the ring members (nlnut I think) has posts here on 2+2 looking for mouseclicking scripts that work on Stars right?

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really a problem with some of the software-threads here on 2+2, they help people a lot wrt developing a bot interface.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong(and despite popular belief,I know nothing of what bots do), but why would a guy be looking for "mouseclicking scripts" if he was using bots? Wouldn't the bot do that for him? I'm under the impression that if you have a bot, you don't need to click the mouse.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:59 PM

Well, either way, this has blown up so much none of these players will be able to play without rail hassling Im sure.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:01 PM

If you had a bot that made $1.50+ per table-hour (like these guys seem to be making) why would you only have 4 bots running?

This investigation should be expanded to other rakeback sites. If they are bots, you'll find similiar stats with other names at other sites, more than likely playing at the same time, or perhaps the bots switch sites when they log off FT.

If Chuck *is* a bot farmer, he's a stupid one for making himself so easily detectable. Read the bot forums, folks. They are well aware of how they are detected by fellow players and would not behave as Chuck has.

I find it hard to believe that a bot-farm running EV+ at $1/$2 wouldn't be smart enough to run in some extra phone lines, DSL, or whatever...to get more IP's.

On one hand, Chuck is being accused of being a sophisticated scripter/coder that has created a bot. But on the other hand, he's accused of being dumb enough to ignore bot-security issues that are plastered all over the bot forums' public pages.

That doesn't add up.

I suspect that the button presses are being done by a human. It could be a script telling them the proper move, very easily, but the fact that FT cleared them and their apparent lack of scale leads me to believe this. The allure for botters is how easily this process is to scale, not to build a bot to beat $1000NL. It's just like the blackhat SEO guys: Each webpage only makes them a few cents a day, but put up 2k pages and you are in business.

Summary: If Chuck is an automated bot owner, he's a pretty dumb one. I feel the most likely scenario is that he's built a script that displays the proper move and the actual button and presses are done by human hand(s). The average contributor to this thread is underestimating what a true bot-farm will do to stay undetected.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">@nlnut/BrandonJoseph:</font> Tell us what you did in the month during which you were locked out of your account. Did you play on another site (like most seemingly rational people would do)? If this really is just a sweatshop and a "System" with no automation, seems like it would work just as well on any site...doesn't have to be FTP, right? As long as you have rakeback, it shouldn't really matter, right? So if you want to be exonorated (if you care at all about it, that is), just tell us what screenames you or your sweatshop buddies were using the System on at other sites, and let some dataminers check it out.

[/ QUOTE ] We took a much needed break from online. I played a lot of local live poker and a trip to AC.