Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Default variance here i come baby, TT -400NL 6max

Im up against a standard multitabling reg from 400 NL. I played with him a fair bit this afternoon, and i think he respects my play in a sense that i seem competent postflop and tight oop preflop.

CO ($400.00)
Button ($448.60)
Hero ($400.00)
BB ($466.80)
UTG ($408.00)

Hero has T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and is the SB

everyone folds,<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $14.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45.00</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls $33.00.

Flop: ($98.00) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $70.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $370.00</font>

He hasn't made this move before, so there is no meta-consideration involved.

it sucks but i call right?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: variance here i come baby, TT -400NL 6max

this post just made my head explode
Old 04-22-2007, 03:53 PM

lol...fixed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2007, 03:56 PM

I fold, he could have big clubs, QQ+, or a set. Didnt run ne numbers but I think 1010 isnt doing well vs this range.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:28 PM

why would you assume you call here? seems like a pretty easy fold with no history...
Old 04-22-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you assume you call here? seems like a pretty easy fold with no history...

[/ QUOTE ]

well its not that there is no history, it just isn't spectacular or anything [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] After this hand if i call there is of course, and that would have to be taken into account for a loonnngg time to come.

Now like i said i view him as a pretty ABC competent multitabler. Nothing special, but he got things down ok. As most multitablers though they lack creativity severely and they follow 'precooked' blueprints. They are pretty easy to read actually. Im pretty sure he views me as competent, so im almost positive the plan for various hands would roll out as followed:

-Sets would be called or minraised to tie me to the pot with an overpair. Not shoving, as it would make it more likely i would be forced into the correct decision.

-Toppair would have called and not raised for sure for obvious reasons

-Queens would be called with, as shoving "only gets called by better hands and would lead worse hands to fold"

-Kings would be dealt with preflop in order to get the money in before the dreaded ace flops

-Aces is the cliffhanger in hindsight, that makes me wonder about the decision so i come back later on that one

The push in my opinion is a true '2p2move'. It is the 'expertplay' if two criteria are met

-Foldequity foremost. It can lead to have your opponent folding better hands that are certainly in my range and
-If called you have tons of outs (overs, flushdraw, gutshots etc.)

Now i would love this move if those damn multitablers would use it only once every zillion times with a set or whatnot. But they do not, they are robots and they do not 'mix it up' like they say they do in the forums. So for an oldschool 1-2 tabler like me its transparent as glass.

So when he shoves combined with his call pf, i put him exactly on AcKc, AcQc, KcQc, AcJc. The pot lays me 1.8-1. Against this exact range im 1.6-1. So this led me to a call.

However, there are the dreaded aces. I honestly dont think he wouldve played them this way, but that is readbased, however the remotepossibility that he did would make it a close fold looking back.

All thoughts appreciated very much,
Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 PM

why cant he have JQc and KJc then?

I think his range crushes you to be honest.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why cant he have JQc and KJc then?

I think his range crushes you to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM

cuz im pretty sure he folds those preflop, and i dont blame him as he is stepping into a pretty big pot that could cost him a fair amount extra if he finds himself to be outkicked. Even if he can find a fold with toppair. My range isn't spectacular oop from the SB. Its tight, its premium, and to be honest very standard at this point.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:33 PM

However, as an honest selfcritique i must say i may be trying to look up the line very thinly here as well as in other hands (see my AKpost).
I have too see how it works out over time, and how confident i feel about the ranges i put my opponent on. I feel confident i nailed this range down however, i only want to say that when things are this close to the mark folding never is a bad option, perheps even the preferred one.

I like to post these unorthodox play, may they be played well or bad, as i think they are interesting for discussion. I can obviously see why someone would view the hand and just think "wtf is he talking about a call, its second pair for chrissake". I just like to examine how big the box really is. And i hope a lot of posters do too.