Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: variance here i come baby, TT -400NL 6max

Im going with the other posts. Fold. While I STRONGLY doubt he has a set, He at least has a J. Save yourself the cash.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:39 PM

If you have to post it, you shouldn't call.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:15 PM

How can you justify calling AI with second pair + backdoor draws against a player you admit is competent?

I really think if you weren't behind preflop, you're definitely behind now. I think anything but a fold here is -ev.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would you assume you call here? seems like a pretty easy fold with no history...

[/ QUOTE ]

well its not that there is no history, it just isn't spectacular or anything [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] After this hand if i call there is of course, and that would have to be taken into account for a loonnngg time to come.

Now like i said i view him as a pretty ABC competent multitabler. Nothing special, but he got things down ok. As most multitablers though they lack creativity severely and they follow 'precooked' blueprints. They are pretty easy to read actually. Im pretty sure he views me as competent, so im almost positive the plan for various hands would roll out as followed:

-Sets would be called or minraised to tie me to the pot with an overpair. Not shoving, as it would make it more likely i would be forced into the correct decision.

-Toppair would have called and not raised for sure for obvious reasons

-Queens would be called with, as shoving "only gets called by better hands and would lead worse hands to fold"

-Kings would be dealt with preflop in order to get the money in before the dreaded ace flops

-Aces is the cliffhanger in hindsight, that makes me wonder about the decision so i come back later on that one

The push in my opinion is a true '2p2move'. It is the 'expertplay' if two criteria are met

-Foldequity foremost. It can lead to have your opponent folding better hands that are certainly in my range and
-If called you have tons of outs (overs, flushdraw, gutshots etc.)

Now i would love this move if those damn multitablers would use it only once every zillion times with a set or whatnot. But they do not, they are robots and they do not 'mix it up' like they say they do in the forums. So for an oldschool 1-2 tabler like me its transparent as glass.

So when he shoves combined with his call pf, i put him exactly on AcKc, AcQc, KcQc, AcJc. The pot lays me 1.8-1. Against this exact range im 1.6-1. So this led me to a call.

However, there are the dreaded aces. I honestly dont think he wouldve played them this way, but that is readbased, however the remotepossibility that he did would make it a close fold looking back.

All thoughts appreciated very much,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of this thinking is very off base. A good TAG will most certainly shove a set here a good amount of the time. I agree with you that he most likely is not doing this with a jack. Removing KK from his range here is just stupid, I think AA, KK, and QQ for that matter are certainly a large part of his range here. I could certainly see QQ just calling in this spot, but if you are thinking about calling here with TT it's obviously false to say that he only gets called by better if he shoves in this spot. If he has overs and a flush draw, which is also a large part of his range, you are basically flipping with him, and thus I think folding>>calling in this spot. I'm guessing you called and he had a flush draw and you're trying to justify a call here, because I cant see any other reason you would post this hand.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 PM

If he has two overs+FD, he's a fav. If he has overpair or set, you're drawing to two outs. If he has top set, you're drawing to backdoor striaghts/flushes. I don't think he's shoving AK here. I think you're definitely screwed, and you're either flipping or CRUSHED. I like a fold. Besides, I c people do this crap enough with like AJ as well, and QQ+ is very possible. IMO, best hand for you u'll c, is like AQcc, which is actually slight fav over u. So the question is, do u wunna get it all in flipping with a slide disadvantage, or stick it in drawing rele thin? I like folding. Any hand that you beat that is not drawing (66,77, or 88) is going to flatcall this flop almost all the time and reeval, especially with position. Calling is spew i think.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

calling this is terrible
Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Sets would be called or minraised to tie me to the pot with an overpair. Not shoving, as it would make it more likely i would be forced into the correct decision.

-Toppair would have called and not raised for sure for obvious reasons

-Queens would be called with, as shoving "only gets called by better hands and would lead worse hands to fold"

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh...put on the villains hat for a bit. With the two clubs out there it is a HUGE mistake to "slow-play" sets/overpairs/toppair.

If I had QQ...I shove on you here as well, as it will deny YOU the implied odds of hitting your flush.

Really think about the villians shoes here. You reraised pre-flop out of position and then made a decent bet into me on the flop. Can I really take you "off" your hand with my push of 66,77,88?? (your best case scenario). Don't think so.

Villians push is two-over's w/clubs or JJ/QQ.

Either way you are cooked...muckem.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 AM

Upon further reflection.....

If I am a TAG multtabler why do I shove here with a draw? If I assume you have a hand (you did reraise me preflop and fire into me on the flop) and I have the AX or KX flushdraw, I HAVE to be behind - so why not just call the $70 and "see" the turn before "cheap".

For the $70 - I have position, you might shutdown and if you don't, then I can re-eval.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:38 AM

Uhh, pot equity + fold equity + domination possibilities + meta game = money?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:59 AM

fold out AQ / AK / etc and push hard on smaller pairs (like TT that HAVE to fold and some weak J-x that have to fold)

also by shoving hands like this, he has a tough decision with a hand like JQ that could be ahead but could be crushed.