Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

I used to read HP fairly frequently. I never really thought of it. Also too, if you want to add a new mod, Lottery Larry keeps that forum from being a total waste.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to read HP fairly frequently. I never really thought of it. Also too, if you want to add a new mod, Lottery Larry keeps that forum from being a total waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ mods that forum, we PM from time to time because there are a lot of shared home poker and B&M concerns. I wasn't aware that he isn't around.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 PM

There was a thread some time back in ATF, something like "No Home Poker Mod?", and AJFenix took the better part of two weeks to show up in it. I'm not dissing him, I mean GOD FORBID someone have a life away from 2+2, but the impression given was that it was a rudderless forum.

Also, agreed on Lottery Larry; he's probably far and away that forum's best contributor, which is why I hunted him down to give him that undertitle. If the idea is to have someone mod that forum that's around regularly (assuming AJ isn't actually around and just lurking, in which case sorry for the misunderstanding and me getting all up in your business), he'd be a great choice.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:46 AM

I agree with the Lottery Larry 4 mod. He's a good poster and the closest thing that forum has to a 'regular'.

also, in regards to the LP thing, i'm sortve indifferent. sortve 2p2's decision i would guess.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 AM

Speaking of Leggo, I just noticed that MYNAMEIZGREG's custom title is "Leggo Co-Owner". Now that crosses the line IMHO both because it means a mod is helping a company advertise and the mod didn't take accountability for his or her actions in the user notes.
link

anyone care to take ownership of this oversight?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 AM

I received a PM today:

[ QUOTE ]
What are the rules regarding advertising sites in your avatar/title/location? MYNAMEIZGREG has leggopoker in all 3 and i thought that wasn't allowed? maybe i'm wrong. anyway let me know what the deal is, i have my own site and want to advertise in my loc/etc if that can happen. thx

[/ QUOTE ]

and I answered:
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, there is discussion about that in the mods' forum, atm.

The standard rules are that you cannot advertise in your avatar, location, or a post, and you cannot refer readers to your Profile in your location or a post. (Obviously, titles are given by mods, and should not include an ad except in special circumstances, like if the guy is here because he answers for Pokerstars or something.)

Because the leggopoker avatar is "unknown" and doesn't direct people anywhere, plus as the guys aren't making money off the site yet, (so I think I read), plus as they host the HH thingy, it seems theirs is being allowed, so far. I think I read Mat as saying even they would be stopped if they had the www.leggopoker address in the avatar.

I haven't seen the location yet. If it's just leggopoker, that is probably ok, as it is suitably abstract. If it is leggopoker.com, then that is not ok, imo, and I will bring it up in the discussion that I don't think it's ok.

Hope this clarifies matters for you. Please write back if you are unclear, or if I have said anything you feel is incorrect.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this in order in the circumstances.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:55 AM

Does that mean it'd be ok for me to list my location as "Cardrunners"? Can I put my avatar as a CR logo since the logo itself doesn't actually say Cardrunners or Cardrunners.com on it? CR pays for ads on 2p2 and has its own hand history converter that could be used on 2p2 if people wished, leggopoker is not even paying for any ads. I am just wondering where the line is.

IMO even if the site doesn't have actual content, it is still free advertising for them if they get to list their location as "leggopoker." I can figure out between the lines what it all means, and surely any monkey can too. Also, as was earlier pointed out, clearly it brings them future benefit pumping out their name now, before there is content.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does that mean it'd be ok for me to list my location as "Cardrunners"? Can I put my avatar as a CR logo since the logo itself doesn't actually say Cardrunners or Cardrunners.com on it? CR pays for ads on 2p2 and has its own hand history converter that could be used on 2p2 if people wished, leggopoker is not even paying for any ads. I am just wondering where the line is.

IMO even if the site doesn't have actual content, it is still free advertising for them if they get to list their location as "leggopoker." I can figure out between the lines what it all means, and surely any monkey can too. Also, as was earlier pointed out, clearly it brings them future benefit pumping out their name now, before there is content.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was up to me, I think I'd say "yes" to Cardrunners, and most other names without the www and the .com, in the Loc. (If we allow, and I think we should, "Blogging", or "Datamining", or any other "ing", in the Loc, then any monkey can figure out that they need to look in a poster's Profile to see the blog address. They could be met with www.cardrunners.com, or whatever is legitimately written in the Profile. In fact, they wouldn't even need to be a blogger. They could just have "Blogging" in their Loc to advertise indirectly whatever they wanted people to look at in their Profile.)

Again, if it was up to me, if the logo is not "in your face", I would allow it, generally speaking. (Someone could probably find a few logos that I might not wish to allow, but the leggopoker logo is not one.)

I really don't think I see this as a big deal, personally. I see posts all day long with actual website hot-addresses, or at least site.com-type addresses and I can live with most of them if there is value in the posts. Pure spammers quickly reveal themselves and are warned or banned by mods, or are called out by readers.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:14 AM

I'd be inclined to say that "Cardrunners" should not be allowed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that's just a url you should put between a www. and a .com.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:11 AM

I know people like hard and fast rules, but the way i see it is that good posters and advertisers get to stay on the fence. Those who do not contribute so much do not.

I'm comfortable making this determination on an individual basis, at least for now. Now, if you think Leggo Poker logo members are not valued members here, i'd like to know. Because at that point, I'm willing to take a completely opposite approach and seek out reasons to ban them.