Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

Ive never had one in 6k matches.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM

If I lose one more game, the 20 will be a reality. I am too scared of seeing it happening to play a game right now.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM

What does a huge upswing look like then?...like in a day if you played your normal amount of matches and ran decent?

Also tbh i'm still not seeing why you guys choose husng's over cash. Variance has a lot to do with your game selection which is more limited in husng's.

BR- I dunno what the rule of thumb is with husng's but in hucash i'm sure a decent player with strict game selection can get away with 30bi's for his level. Some of you guys playing the 100+9's or whatever with less that 3k?

With regards to the blinds increasing and your edge increasing i'm not educated enough in both to give a solid opinion but I cant imagine how it would increase your edge when it gets to push/fold situations as u very seldom going to be getting it in any more than a 65/35 situation its prob gonna be a lot less with you being dominated a lot. I'd say my edge against the typical opponents I look for at hucash is bigger than that.

I dunno I still don't get it...if my opinions on the above is way skewed please correct me.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 PM

I suppose I haven't either now that I look over my PT stuff. I was only half joking, but I kind of imagined I did at some point.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:39 PM

-Yea you can play 110s with a lot less than 30 BI.
-The edge may decrease when the blinds go up but your hourly goes up as well (which is why hourly is greater at FT than PS)
-HU cash is extremely psychologically intense compared to HU SNG, I see lots of talk about how HU cash players have to stop their session after like 1k-2k hands often, I can grind a 40 hu sng session with no stress.
-They are extremely different skills despite their being linked in this forum, your natural poker skills may lead you to one or the other
Old 11-05-2007, 09:39 PM

My biggest day I won 20 buyins.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:44 PM

A 65% edge in these games is insanely high when you get to higher levels.

In the 110 + 5 games, if you have a 65% edge you're looking at around 25 dollars a game in profit on average.

Depending on the poker site you choose to play at, that would be somewhere around 130-230 dollars an hour in profit.

3k would be plenty of a bankroll with that kind of edge.

Anyways, you can see by that example that edges in a husng are significant, and an edge that you might pass up in hu cash (I'm not really sure at all as to what kind of edges you can expect in hu cash, I really would tend to think 65% would be big) is extremely profitable in a husng.

Look at a player like BCM11 or Jasonmac18 on sharkscope. Take a look at their graphs and look at the amount of money they need to keep online and the profit they make.

Nobody is saying HU cash isn't more profitable, but for people without big bankrolls that don't want to go broke it is probably ideal for learning the game. After that, if they are good enough to do what players like the two I showed above do, then I don't see any downside to continuing on.

Obviously the ideal situation is to be well versed in a wide number of games so you can pick the most profitable any time of day/week/year. There are also mental advantages to this.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM

My biggest upswing was something like 25 bi's, but that was over two days.

I doubt your edge exceeds 65/35. If it did, you would not need 30+ bi's

Yes, some people play 100s with less than 3k.

It is a bankroll builder, really. You can earn a decent amount of money with a small relative br compared to other games, etc.

On game selection. You are going to be better than a large portion of your players anyways. There is nothing wrong, especially at small stakes, to play a random opponent and learn how to best exploit him.

HUSNGs is a great learning tool, and a great way to make money with little ruin.

Finally, because this is what we like. This conversation is as pointless as asking why some people play limit or Omaha. I don't understand people who play FRSNGs, but it is a very popular game. It doesn't matter why, really.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Yea you can play 110s with a lot less than 30 BI.
-The edge may decrease when the blinds go up but your hourly goes up as well (which is why hourly is greater at FT than PS)
-HU cash is extremely psychologically intense compared to HU SNG, I see lots of talk about how HU cash players have to stop their session after like 1k-2k hands often, I can grind a 40 hu sng session with no stress.
-They are extremely different skills despite their being linked in this forum, your natural poker skills may lead you to one or the other

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt aware of the BR requirements being that low...fair enough.

While HUCASH might be more psychological than sng's but thats all part of our edge we hold over our competition. You guys also dont have the option of rebuying to bust the fish which is a huge deal i think. You guys might be able to play more tables..i dont really know...i think the most I could play my A game on would be 3 and i'm not even there yet...dont know how many matches u guys could play at a time.

I dont get how grinding 40 sng's could be stress free but maybe different things are more of a strain on different people than other things.

Fair enough..its kinda making sense to me why some choose husng's over cash whereas before I couldnt think of one positive to husng's over cash.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 PM

I rarely run into someone who I dont think I have a significant edge over even up to 550s so losing the 'fish' isnt a big issue. I also never get hit and run which is pleasant to say the least.