Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Official review thread: ordinaryboy 10th place $20 single rebuy

Another official review thread. I am planning on posting these every day or two for a while. Hero appears to be a mid stakes amateur player.

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA96864/...yboy20sr/10903
Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Official review thread: ordinaryboy 10th place $20 single rebuy

Hand 23: Minraising on the river with the flush, don't you think you could get more value here?
Hand 35: Raising with 33 on the ace high flop, not a fan, I'd probably just give it up.
Hand 58: Do you always limp with KK/AA UTG or do you raise as well?
Hand 126: This is the third time (that I've seen) you limp UTG, once with QTdd, once with KK and this time with KJss, do you raise UTG or are you afraid of playing a raise pot OOP? Just something I found interesting, although I think it's good that you mix in some limps with decent hands but mix in with monsters and have been able to show both down.
Hand 154: You raise 4x with 33 from CO when the blinds only have a little over 10bbs, is this showing that you won't fold to their shove or for another reason?
Hand 189: I'm really hoping this is a misclick. Guy to your right raises 3x with a stack of about 15bbs, and you min reraise him with 45os which is really terrible
Hand 191: Limp KK UTG+1 again? Raise this from EP at least sometimes.
Hand 203: Not sure how I feel about this, after the turn you lost the minimum when your trips got counterfieted by a higher card pairing on board so well played. Are you ever raising this flop?
Hand 242: Shove 12bbs UTG with A10o, pretty marginal but I think since it's only 7 handed that it's fine.
Hand 302: Wow...again you limp UTG with KK and then the flop has an ace and you go all in against a guy who (from what I've seen) is playing ridiculously tight, has given you a walk several times, and from what I can tell, knows that if you're limping with 10bbs you're probably going to have a pretty decent hand.
Hand 311: CO raises to 15k with a decent stack, and you reraise to 40k. With a bigger stack size I really like this play, but you had less than 20bbs and when you're putting in over 40% of your stack it looks ridiculously strong. At least when you shove you can look like a strong ace or mid pairs and will most likely be called more often.
Hand 334: Nice shove with 66 against a guy who'd been active, and you have the perfect stack size to do it.
Hand 337: You call off 18k with a 110k stack with 89o against a sb raise in the bb. I know he's been active but most of the time this is going to be a losing play.
Hand 350: Wow, unlucky. With how active he'd been I think shoving is fine.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:33 AM

23. Miniraising the minbet with a flush is really bad. Villain is probably making a blocking bet. You need to bet this yourself. You are not likely to get raised by someone without a flush.

35. I wouldn’t raise the weak bet on the ace high flop.

189. The minireraise play at the short stack raiser with 54o seems pretty bad. As played, you have a straight draw, so maybe push at his donkbet on the flop.

205. I would push 54s from CO with 7xBB.

284 & 285. I think you have to push any ace into 5 or 6 players with 7xBB.

302. The limp with KK and 10xBB is kind of ridiculous. Standard to push. If you want to get cute, miniraise, and people can’t be sure if you are trapping or stealing. I wouldn’t cbet this flop. Close whether to call the push on the flop. Villain could have a draw as well as an ace.

327. Somewhat read dependent, but I would stop and go with A7o the CO raiser with 8xBB.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 AM

I'm typing this response while Im watching the video and having a few beers. So there are definately more posts to come. Here is what I have to say about hand 23.

Hand 23: betgo eluded to the minbet as being a blocking bet. His bet needs to be raised for two reasons. First being for value. This hand can be raised to around 80-120 here. If he is calling another 30 with his pair he hit on the river he may call more. I feel that raising around 80-90 will strike the right balance for opponents calling frequency with his rivered pair to max expectation. The second reason to raise is to let vill know that his minbets/blocking bets (if he really was thinking to block there or just being a donk) won't always be safe. It will let him know that we will raise it and will make him think twice next time about doing it which could lead to a cheap showdown.

But I also have a different question. I have only seen 23 hands so far and view this table as semi-loose/loose PF but also kind of passive post flop. With that being said we see our hero limp in UTG with QTs in hand 23. I dump this hand here but my question is given how you view the table do you limp in with ATo in hand 13? You're UTG+2, but I feel like I would rathe limp in with the ATo as opposed to the QTs. Part of the reason is I feel this is because of the image I have of the table not being tough. I just find it odd he would chuck ATo and limp QTs UTG.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Hand 35

I know bazooka87 had something to say about hand 35. I do too. I haven't read what he posted yet though.

PF I feel like its alright to call on the button with 33 in hopes of looking for a set or trying to take this pot away from bazooka. This could be a spot where we could cuse we have seen him play kind of scared/passive before.

On the flop our hero raises vills bet. At this point I am just going to throw the hand away. We don't have a set, so purely on showdown strength I think our hand rates poor against his possible range of hands. And secondly I don't see a chance for us to steal this. As I said before we have seen vill play passive/scared. We saw this when he had JJ and an A flopped. He checked it all the way down. Now albeit he was out of position against two other players (pretty sure it was two others 3 1/2 beers deep right now) he is once again OOP in this hand and bets into us. This makes my hand range lean more towards hands that hold an ace as opposed to a weaker hand that we could take him off of.