Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Leaks--how do we find them?

I'd like to identify leaks in my game. The best 3 ways I can think to do this at the moment are:

1. Have a look at my PT stats and see if there's anything really obviously out of line.

2. Review my playing sessions for the hands where I had some substantial involvement, whether I won or lost. If I spot mistakes, maybe I'll see a trend at some point.

3. Read and respond to hand postings and identify where other people have made mistakes that I am likely also making myself.

Does anyone have any other ideas how I can figure out what my leaks might be? Or have any leads on any good material on this? I've searched the forums for a bit on this (this forum and the microlimit Limit forum) without a huge amount of success.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Leaks--how do we find them?

You already have the 3 most important things.
Two more:

4. Watch vids

5. read
Pokey: Where is the %"$! Value town?
Pokey: Blind stealing
Pokey: How to use PokerTracker
You gotta [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pokey ^^
also:
Zomfg ololol read us all !!!!!oneonelevenoneleven
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM

YMMV but I find PokerEv to be an indispensable tool in reviewing sessions, and spotting leaks. I'm not affiliated with the tool, but its worth a look.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 PM

certainly you should read through pokey's post on pokertracker as a starter. outstanding.

going back through you hand histories with pt's playback is another great tool. make sure you uncheck the known hole cards and replay the hand asking yourself why you did this instead of that. i often find i was a tool for some reason.

oosting hands is good too though many times i plan on posting a hand online, only to have my mistake/misplay become glaringly obvious and i end up not posting the hand due to large amounts of future embarassment coming my way. searh for other AA/AK/AQ hands so you aren't filling up the pages with redundant stuff. if you do have a certain question on yor play by all means post it though. include stats and reads too. important stuff or otherwise you get a plethora of "it depends" replies.

*grunching* hands is good. open a hand post and don't look at the other responses. go ahead and start your reply with *grunch* letting others know you're not repeating the same previos answers, or if you do give a different answer be prepared to either back it up, or learn form your public display! it happens to everyone who wants to learn more so don't have a thin skin like some, and then again, don't rip others if they are off on their repsonses. we all learn from it.

you're on the right rack just being here. play hard. play well and learn as you play. no one knows all.

good luck to you.

EN