FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Official Review Thread: markbris $10/$100K win

I skipped a few and did 450-600

450 - T8s you could raise/shove this on btn

451 - JTs probably worth a raise table seems tight

454 - J6o possible resteal shove

458 - K6o possible resteal shove (he raised weaker than his
standard raise, which could be a trap, but he did it at another time so it's not as likely)

482 - You're getting good odds on calling, but he's loose and aggro, most of the he'll be putting you all in on the flop when you miss or force you to call your stack off on a flush draw, combine that with the real possibility of domination and I fold here. AJ+ I shove

528 - maybe decent fold, but he may be tilt shoving here with a wide range. against any ace/pair/broadway it's an ev+ call.

540 - 89s I'd raise this on the btn here

550 - A8o, I'm not sure about this hand, if you think he's getting out of line raising, then ATC works here. Repopping for value against this aggro loose guy (not intending to call a push) with a hand that doesn't play that well post flop doesn't seem like a good idea. I kinda like a call here.

556 - fold preflop. What does everyone think of bluffing this river? It may be results oriented but if he has a king, that's one card that's not a heart. looking at stack sizes I think you'd need to shove here.

575 - out of position and with 1/10 of your stack size already in the pot, I'd just shove here. you don't need to balance your image by reraising with strong hands because you aren't restealing at all.

599 - you could bet river for value here smallish
600 - shove river? or go 10k? I know it's an overbet but villian is very likely leading river with a hand he likes here/air. Especially after getting called on the turn. A straight/jacks full/naked ace might not get it all in fearing the better Ax house but they will call I think.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:12 PM

Hand 62 : Yea i dont remember my exact line of thinking here but I guess I was willing to gamble and if i I had known he was calling that loose I wouldnt have done it. To the best of my recollection tho I didnt know he was that loose. I could be wrong tho, its been a while.

Hand 82: I like the idea of iso shoving here as well. I think I was thinking at the time that he wasnt coming in without a premo anyways since it was a good size allin so I figured he was pushing very rarely. I would have been committed anyways tho unless I could put him on a tight range like you said, so iso shoving seems fine.

Hand 106: I agree with you here too and actually I think I shoulda just folded preflop. At the time I dont think I realized how much of his stack CO called off for the raise. Check/folding seems more reasonable too as he probably wont bluff into it.

Hand 118: This is one of the hands I talked to people about when i reviewed it myself and I def shoulda bet turn to start getting value, Q is a good card to have hit him as well.

Hand 129: I dont think it was the bubble, although it might have been getting close. What I do remember was that I had realized the table had tightened down a good bit and I was trying to take advantage at this point. The table had been tight and I figured a cont bet was taking a high percentage so I fired it.

Hand 148: I agree I should be folding here, sometimes when I get aggressive tho I tend to overextend sometimes and this was one of those. I think I was planning on folding to the push but luckily he stop n go'ed and i slammed the flop.

Hand 271- He had been at the table lik 13 hands and opened twice, once in mp and ep so that probably explains why I didnt. I would be pushing here too if he seemed active.

Hand 285- I dont think it matters whether I flat here. If everyone was deep It would but pretty much no one is going to be able to shove and take me off the hand. Almost every stack doesnt have much more than the guy that pushed so they arent changing what they are doing here whether I shoved or just flat I dont think.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:42 PM

First of all, thanks for taking these over Betgo and I know you always take the time to review most of the ones bond had posted. Thanks for that and for taking the time to review mine, your insight is great to hear. Im always trying to learn and you are very helpful. Thanks to anyone else that replied as well.

Hand 156: Another one I talked about when i reviewed it, they are only pushling like 6xbb and 12xbb each so I shoulda called as theyre ranges arent that tight.

Hand 245: I like pushing here too, hes unlikely to be limping a big hand in late. Good opportunity to pick up chips, most likely I was just too weak to make myself push here.

271: He had not raised much since I got to the table so I let this one go, if he had been more active I would have restolen.

296: I think people were playing tighter at this point in the tournament and I just didn't think he was doing it light really. Its close but mostly read dependent I think.

303: I think this was directly related to hand 296 since he had moved in on me just an orbit ago I was skittish about raising weak here.

319: I think I shoulda pushed here, I dont think he had been really active though and I think I had been told he was one of the better players at the table so I shyed away from it here.

431: Yea this was a tight fold. I think I was just being timid at the final table and close to big money. Something I need to work on.

451: Same as 431

490: Same as the KQ hand from earlier, I think I was mostly staying out of this guys way, partially timid too. I think I shoulda been pushing here tho.

510: This was another hand I talked with some 2+2ers about and had determined this was def a push on the flop. I think I was just being timid and was getting such a good price that I would just peel one but I shoulda pushed.

550: Arguably my worst hand of the tournament. I immediately regretted this one. I think I was thinking that he wouldnt reraise me as he had been pretty active I was expecting a fold here almost always or at worst a call from him. I wasnt thinking ahead at all tho for if he pushed. I didnt feel like I could call though once he did as I thought his 4bet range was really tight. I think I shoulda just flatcalled and played against him for cheap since he had been opening alot. Bottom line I shouldnt have been 3betting here if I couldnt call a 4 bet.

565: I think you mean 89s on this one but I dont feel like I can call for that much of my stack and deuce had been the tightest player at the FT probably and had not messed with me at all 3 handed really. So I was fine with folding.

571: Another one I pinpointed and talked about. I played this one godawfully as well. He had been tight so I think I shoulda just bet the flop and shutdown if called. I doubt he fires the turn as a bluff much because as I said he had been pretty tight and passive. The turn push is worthless cuz he only calls when hes beating me. like i said, badly played, thankfully my luckbox was ready

600: Def shoulda bet the flop, theres a later hand where i again flop trip aces and do bet the flop realizing my mistake. shoulda raised the turn as well as he rarely fires a bluff here so he most likely has something he likes and I need to get value. another one i talked about with some people afterwards

695 and 698: Yea shoulda bet the flop for the reason you said, I had just been playing pretty passively and not messing with him at this point but I need to be more aggro and just take it, esp with him playing tight.

738: same as previous hands
Old 11-16-2007, 09:06 PM

First of all, thanks for taking the time to go through these aceofspades and write comments on the tournament.

450: Coulda shoved here like you said, think I was just playing a bit tight at this point. It might have been right before the deal as well so that might have played into it, i dont remember tho.

454: He had been somewhat active but I was staying out of his way and J6 sux. thats about it i guess

458: Another one thats close but I dont think this guy was messing with me all that much. he coulda been and I could just be a wuss but I dunno. I just stayed out of his way mostly

482: I shove AJ+ here as well. I dont think I should have raised in the first place as he had done this to me last orbit as well and I shouldnt be raise/folding here really. I think its an openfold with my stack size or a straight push but I like openfold.

528: Deuce had been tight the entire FT and had not messed with me really at all. i think this was def a fold, might be closer than I thought but I lean towards folding. the tilt factor that u said would be the only thing that would want to maybe make me call.

540: Yea coulda raised here, I prolly just decided to give it a break this orbit.

550: Went over this one already, I like a call here too. I acted before I thought about all the actions he might take, bad move.

556: I dont mind calling here really as he has been mini raise opening alot from the button and his range is wide. As far as the river bluff goes, I dont have a clue whether he has a heart or not. I might be able to bluff the river if i was in position but oop I just dont think its good.

575- Im confused as to where you want to shove on this hand, could you please clarify and i will respond.

599- I could bet the river but I think its really thin. I would rather check the river and give him a chance to bluff.

600- I shoulda gone higher here Im pretty sure, more like 8-9 mil. def not shove though. I dont think he rarely calls if I shove just by the way he had been playing. I discussed the rest of this hand in my previous post.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, thanks for taking the time to go through these aceofspades and write comments on the tournament.
575- Im confused as to where you want to shove on this hand, could you please clarify and i will respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry it was a different AQ hand #592.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Hand 118: I like checking it to induce a bluff from an aggressive player, but at some point, probably the turn, I'd bet.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry it was a different AQ hand #592.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was too much of an overbet to just shove here.