Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: My account closed, funds seized on PS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I was addressing all of the concerns over at Neverbeg, where the people are who's money is in question.

HostJacob, can you confirm that to your knowledge PokerStars has never lied about these kinds of things?

I once pulled the plug on a scammer who stole people's funds then claimed his account was closed. One of your guys inadvertently let it slip that they had let me know his account wasn't closed due to the reasoning that he told us. He then e-mailed you asking why you disclosed information about his account. You said you did no such thing (Support, not you particularly). What is the point of hiding information there?

I don't know why I continued to play there after all that happened since it seemed you were capable of lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya your right...PS has this rep as super secure and on the up and up but they can be kinda sneaky about stuff.

I'd recommend finding another site to play on that isn't so shady. Personally speaking, I recommend Absolute Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL nice one.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that we usually do not discuss individual's accounts with other people. However, when someone is publicly saying things that are untrue and could result in people getting the wrong impression about our site, we will defend ourselves by stating facts. I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.
- This had nothing to do with transfers to/from another player, or any other fraud issue.
- The emails posted are a total fabrication
- He has not spoken with Stephen in Game Security about this issue.

This player's account is currently closed, but other than that, everything that he has posted is absolute and total fabrication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm confused. The OP's account is closed and PS confirm this. PS also say it is nothing to do with transfers or fraud. So if he has done no wrong why can't he have his money?

OP you havn't articulated very well what has happened here and don't make wild claims that you cannot back up. Either post some proof or stay quiet.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that we usually do not discuss individual's accounts with other people. However, when someone is publicly saying things that are untrue and could result in people getting the wrong impression about our site, we will defend ourselves by stating facts. I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.
- This had nothing to do with transfers to/from another player, or any other fraud issue.

This player's account is currently closed, but other than that, everything that he has posted is absolute and total fabrication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm confused. The OP's account is closed and PS confirm this. PS also say it is nothing to do with transfers or fraud. So if he has done no wrong why can't he have his money?

OP you havn't articulated very well what has happened here and don't make wild claims that you cannot back up. Either post some proof or stay quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

PS just said the account is closed..they didn't see we closed his account and seized his funds.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:45 AM

pretty obv that this is a coverup to scam his "friends" out of their money. nice little story; ps won't say anything except confirm that the account is closed. my guess is he withdrew, then had the close it, then posted on forums as a coverup, knowing that no details would come out. he just didnt realize hostjacob would own him so thoroughly.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS just said the account is closed..they didn't see we closed his account and seized his funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the bit I don't understand. Can he get his money or not? If so, whats his problem, just arrange withdrawal and play elsewhere. He states he can't get his money.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 AM

Rek, my understanding of what people are saying is that he DID get his money, he just made up this story about it getting taken away so that he wouldn't have to repay his backers and could keep the loot for himself.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So no funds were seized? Really, that's the only part of OP's story I found interesting. If the answer is "no funds were seized" then ban OP from twoplustwo. If funds were seized then what's going on?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 AM

Hopefully this summary of most likely events will help....

1) Gets 4K or so sent to him on PS and FTP for backing
2) Comes onto Neverbeg with story about how PS has closed his account and seized all the backed funds because of an incident that occured ONE YEAR ago involving a transfer of funds--including emails and conversations with PS Security
3) PS says he is full of crap (and emails and conversations with PS are fabricated)
4) OP stole Funds
Old 11-16-2007, 06:14 AM

http://forum.neverbeg.com/showthread.php?t=197750

this is a pretty big dramabomb over on neverbeg. it is pretty boring to read because there are not many lurid details (yet). it appears that mark ortega had his student loan denied, and is moving, so he needed money badly. he got a 3k stake and a 1k loan from a "friend" and then withdrew the money and concocted this story.

ortega has 12k+ posts on neverbeg since joining in '06, and is apparently a high profile poster there, who has often called himself the most trustworthy neverbeg user, and was highly critical of other people who "rolled" their backers. for some weird reason he didn't expect his flimsy story to be refuted so easily and thoroughly by pokerstars. after hostjacob posted the rebuttal on neverbeg, ortega has disappeared from the forum. however some of his backers have implied they have enough of his personal info to be able to contact him.

back in the day 2+2 used to have some good busto stories/scandals, but now that everyone here is so baller and internet savvy, we are starved for such tales. luckily there are sites like neverbeg where the half-ass grinders and true degens of this community are able to share their experiences.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rek, my understanding of what people are saying is that he DID get his money, he just made up this story about it getting taken away so that he wouldn't have to repay his backers and could keep the loot for himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be right but PS came on here to clarify lies. He is saying his money has been seized. PS didn't deny this part of it. If it was a lie then they could have cleared that up as well.