Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: What Have You Collected?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow what a blast from the past! I had both the Frankenstein and the Dracula ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also had the Mummy, Wolf-Man and a King Kong one. You always got 2 heads and 2 sets of hands, IIRR, one of which was glow in the dark.

I also had a guillotine one with a little guy, and his head would come off when your dropped it. I remember you could also get torture chamber models, with Iron Maidens etc. I never had any of those. It's pretty sick, when you think aobut it...

Blarg, ebay a Plop - they're pretty cheap, and an interesting reliving of the past. I accidentally bidded on issue #2 twice (different auctions), and won both.

Which is sort of a "PLOP" moment.

Oh, here's a scan of some of the single-pane cartoons from Plop #5 (click it to get the bigger size):
Old 10-15-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've taken some pics so I will show you guys in a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I've been checking this thread for a full day and still no pics. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Sorry about that. I looked at them and realized that they would bore you to tears. They're just pics of some of my black shirts. I'm not actually in them. I will try to post a couple when I get home. The point was to show you how redundant I am. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:49 PM

I loved the glow in the dark business as a kid. That was indescribably awesome. Some tops came out, and I got one of the very few that was ever done that glowed in the dark. I would actually sit in the closet in the dark with my top just so I could partake of the awesomeness.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 AM

Another thing I remember collecting as a kid was trading cards. All the boys did. I had 'Kung Fu' (the TV show), Planet of the Apes, Star Wars etc. We'd play 'flick up the wall' where two or three guys would flick the cards up a wall and they'd hit the floor. You'd take turns till one card went on top of the other, and the guy that flicked it would be the winner.

My absolute favourite was a set called 'Creature Features', which showed black and white shots from old horror movies with a funny caption. Here's some examples:

Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 AM

I collected madame alexander dolls and royal doulton dolls haha neither of which I was allowed to play with OR touch. It was more of a thing that was chosen for me to collect!! Im kinda glad I have them now, but some of the madame alexander dolls I played with anyway and lost one shoe or a sock here and there!!

My madame alexander dolls were more the ones that looked like these...the more detailed, refined, fashion, story types. When I looked them up I saw "newer" ones that are more barbie doll types - so sad.

royal doulton dolls

Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 AM

Where is your collection now?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 AM

Peachy,

no disrespect/ragging intended, but this is so utterly perfect for you as a thing you collected during childhood.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is your collection now?

[/ QUOTE ]

the madame dolls are in a closet at my moms house and the doulton dolls are boxed away in storage until i get a new house
Old 10-16-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Peachy,

no disrespect/ragging intended, but this is so utterly perfect for you as a thing you collected during childhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasnt by choice...and i wasnt allowed to touch them. I had to be careful with them because "they would be worth something one day!!!" (and they wouldnt be worth anything if i lost pieces of them - ie. shoes, socks, flowers, hat, etc.) Oh yeah I forgot, I collected poreclin disney character figurines. I guess I did this cause of the Royal Doulton Dolls, but these were like 5 to 30$ a piece (with avg being like $14 or so) and I do remember having about 10 or so and putting them in a case in my room. I also had 2934934032904 stuffed animals which I still enjoy getting from friends. They could fill an entire room.