Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Almost in a bar fight and called a Racist!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did his apology include anything about "smokem peace pipe"?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO it did not!
Frankly that comment is pretty crappy, deserves a kick in the nuts and a banning from "The Lounge"

And some people do not believe racism still exists today, geeze! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading this I believe racism exists, but apparently you believe something called a sense of humor no longer exists. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cop starts talking to him and eventually he is getting handcuffed and taken to jail. Guess he said the wrong thing to the racist sheriff's deputy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not really sure how to read your changing this statement to turn the sheriff's Deputy into a racist, but let's just say I do not agree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, the cop was just as racist and oppressive as you and your wife were.

In other words, I was joking.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cop starts talking to him and eventually he is getting handcuffed and taken to jail. Guess he said the wrong thing to the racist sheriff's deputy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not really sure how to read your changing this statement to turn the sheriff's Deputy into a racist, but let's just say I do not agree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, the cop was just as racist and oppressive as you and your wife were.

In other words, I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, My humor radar has been on the fritz lately. Guess I am getting old or something. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO it did not!
Frankly that comment is pretty crappy, deserves a kick in the nuts and a banning from "The Lounge"

And some people do not believe racism still exists today, geeze! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading this I believe racism exists, but apparently you believe something called a sense of humor no longer exists. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, my sense of humor on these things can be a little bit skewed at times, sorry.

But really, stereotyping like this is part of the problem. It is very hard to understand how something as simple as this comment about the peace pipe could be hurtful but I guarantee you to some Native American people it would be.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO it did not!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, my sense of humor on these things can be a little bit skewed at times, sorry.

But really, stereotyping like this is part of the problem. It is very hard to understand how something as simple as this comment about the peace pipe could be hurtful but I guarantee you to some Native American people it would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

T'is true. Just last week there was a letter in the LA Weekly from a Native to a writer named Marc Cooper. In it he lambasted Marc Cooper for using the phrase "peace pipe," citing that tobacco did not exist in the United States until the Europeans brought it, thus the "peace pipe" is a historical myth.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM

WTF
Old 07-17-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

A little wrong, just talks about California.

http://www.laweekly.com/general/lett...ng-here/16735/
Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM

I see. I got thrown for a historical loop there for a sec.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 PM

The two of you escalated a request for napkins into an arrest and you still think your [censored] doesn't stink?

Your wife needs to find better ways of dealing with these minor situations, particularly if she is going to be working solo in a bar until 1.00am. There will be situations that are a lot harder to deal with and that are a lot more serious than a guy needing napkins and shooting his mouth off.

The bloke has been in the place for 3 hours, and judging from your story, had a chip on his shoulder when he arrived. Combine the already observed attitude with 3 hours of drinking and any normal person can see the potential for problems.

So how do you deal with it? By winding the guy up when be obviously needed calming down.

Then, after serving drinks for 3 hours and inflaming the situation, it all gets too hard and the cops have to deal with it.

The self righteous tone of your post and replies indicates that neither of you see any problems with your own behaviour. You were the sober ones - well at least your wife - you were supposed to be capable of taking control in the situation and you failed.

Instead of a post outlining what a tough situation it was and wondering could you have dealt with this better, we see a post with a victim mentality - you poor people have to deal with all this. It is a very hypocritical way to look at the situation, given your offence at his claim of victim status.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had friends who were like Dr Jeckyl/ Mr. Hyde, the potion in this case being alcohol. Like Mr. Hyde, this drunk person is a true part of themselves. I don't have time to figure out if one person is drunk or not. If I have to imply they are drunk when they something rude, I don't have time for it. There would be no reason to invite these people into my life. And I most certainly do not want these people occupying a bar stool at my job for eight or more hours on any given night.

There seems to be a thing, that if someone apologizes, you have to accept it. "I am sorry, I was drunk. I am a racist, but last night, I let my emotions show. I really am not a pig, please let me justify my racist actions so I can feel better about myself, but have no need to work out my issues, because next time I spout racist BS, I will be forgiven."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necesarily.

There's a difference between someone saying it once, and someone who has a pattern of saying stuff.

b