Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 PM

Default bad week... and my bankroll is very affected

Well, im a regular 25nl and recently 50nl hold em in bodog.com I im starting to build up my bankroll since September 1. In the first 12 days i made a profit of $50 - $60, and in total I made $620. But since Wednesday of the last week i have been through a very bad days. Most cases bad run of cards. For example i lost a 100$ pot against AJ and I was having AK, and he hit his J on the river. And I have many cases like that,since then I have been playing without confidence. And my bankroll is now at $330. And I don't know what to do, because i have change my strategy but my results haven't improve. What do you recommend me to do?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: bad week... and my bankroll is very affected

I think u just suck, u should try volleyball or sinchronized swim or maybe zoo keeper
Old 09-17-2007, 11:54 PM

lol that hand's not nearly as bad as a lot of others. for example, i hit my JJ set and he hits his 88 set we both go all in on flop, he hits quads on the river. or AA vs AKs AI preflop, he spikes a KKx flop. nuts flush all in flop, he hits runner to runner straight flush with one flush card. and i'm sure I haven't had as bad beats as a lot of people on this forum, although I've had this share. Just keep playing, (although I would take a few days or a week off) drop down blinds if you're not rolled, and just know that in a month you'll be way past where you started before your downswing if you stay with it.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Well definetely move down on the stakes ur playing. NL 25 at the most.
I think 620 is barely enough for NL 50, but I would reccommend moving with at least 1000.
Just take a break of the game and come back in a couple of days. I just had a terrible downswing, and went out for 5 days and it helped in a huge way.
Hope this might help a little. Good luck and keep it up.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 PM

yes i know but if i go down to 10 max im got busted easily, i just not get used to those blinds. I have tried that, and wasn't successful.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:57 PM

Post hands, we have no idea if hands you are playing are good or not.

If you are really dedicated, make a video and pay one of the 50NL regulars or a SSNL player to watch it & comment on it.

Also, AK vs AJ hand sounds fishy. Unless you both hit a pair and he hit J on river. Even then, sounds like a weak hand to put in 200BBs with. Post hands.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:57 PM

in
Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 PM

oh yeah. also if you haven't been reading and participating in the 2p2 forums there's a good chance you're not as good at poker as you think you are. everyone thinks they're better than they really are (everyone including everyone here). so get on tracker and try to find some leaks in your game. Posting your questionable hands here also really helps, amidst the flames of "quit poker" and "complete spew" you still get a lot of useful information that will help your game.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 AM

hey how do I post my hands in bodog?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:10 AM

Luifer.. You know you are a winner, don't doubt it. Just relax, and play your game. Post hands you'd like feedback on in this forum.
Closed Thread