Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Default 10NL. AK checked turn. ok? call river?

Only 9 hands on villain so no reliable stats.

Bodog No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG+1 ($12.52)
MP1 ($9.99)
MP2 ($10.18)
Hero ($10.52)
Button ($11.69)
SB ($9.80)
BB ($10.08)
UTG ($12.51)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, Button calls $0.55, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.45, MP2 calls $0.45.

Flop: ($2.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.8</font>, Button folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls $1.55.

Turn: ($5.95) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.95) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Final Pot: $9.95

Flop raise sized correctly? I checked the turn for two reasons: (1) to keep control of the pot size and (2) to avoid a check raise which I felt was coming here. Is this turn check ok with AK? Easy river call getting 4-1 right? Results in white below:

<font color="white">Villain had 33 for a set of threes and scoops pot. </font>
Old 09-01-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: 10NL. AK checked turn. ok? call river?

Don't you also hate this minbets on the flop, sometimes it is a draw or weak toppair, other times it is a villain who thinks: oh my god i have a monster if I just bet a little amount they will all come along, a somewhat smarter villain thinks: oh my god i have a monster if I just bet a little amount the guy will raise me and pay me off bigggg time. As played I would raise a little more on the flop; turn and river are fine, although I expect you to be beat a large percentage of the time. I lately noticed that villains at these stakes in these situations only bluff on the river with a busted draw (but bet it probably somewhat bigger). This is becaused you raised the flop multiway which indicates strength, there are not many villains who will be prepared to valuebet there KQ or KT here fearing your AK or AA. If you had just called the flop KQ and KT could definitely have valuebetted here (but there is no way you gonna call that flop). Make a note that this villain loves to minbet his sets and keep an eye on him if he also does that with weak toppairs to 'mix it up'.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:05 AM

Wahts ur screen name on bodog? i play 10nl all the time prolly played with you. Taht hand i would of played it exactly the same. Knwing perfectly how thos donks play i think he has a weak ace on the flop bets a little to see what happens and fells in love with the ace and calls ur raise, probably thought ur check as weakness and decided tu "value bet" the river, ill call, you may be beat but knowing the donks in bodog there is a chance ur ahead. Guess
he has A 2-9.....

Good luck

Pd. u can make hundreds in 10nl
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 PM

i have the same name on the dog as i do here.