Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Trio of TT hands 1/2 FT

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2

Hand #1
9 players
MP3 is 24/8/4
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 3-bets</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to MP3.

Results:
Final pot: 6.75BB

Hand #2:

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
8 players
UTG+1 is 65/14/2, and is capable of leading this with nothing.
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: 4.25BB

Hand #3:

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
8 players
SB is unknown, but seems reasonable so far. MP2 is same maniac from last hand. BB just sat down.
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, MP2 folds.
Uncalled bets: 1SB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 4BB

Frankly, I don't like any of my lines and I'm hoping for some guidance.

On hand 1, I feel maybe I should've bet out on the flop. As played, I wonder if I should've just folded to the 3-bet and let it go from there.

On hand 2, I think I should raise or fold that flop bet. It seems pretty often that I vacillate between raising and folding and make the worst decision of the 3, which is to just call.

On hand 3, I actually thought that was reasonable, but I still wanted some other opinions. Could be weak...maybe this fold is just loser's mentality.

Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Default Re: Trio of TT hands 1/2 FT

hand 1:
Flop is good. You should call the turn with your flush draw, but you generally had the right idea once he 3-bet you on the flop, to fold. If the turn wasn't a heart you should drop instantly, but since it was you should see the river.

hand 2.
re-Raise preflop. Isolate this clown.
On the flop....
Did you go for a c/r again? If so good. But since UTG bet you should raise. Your read says he can lead this with nothing, so he could have nothing or a flush draw. You should raise now for value. If he reraises you then start considering dropping. If he just calls then bet on each street until he raises, then drop. If he just calls then say "ship it"

hand 3
Any specific read on SB? If he's the type not to bet out on a draw then fold is fine. If he will bet a draw I raise to drive out MP and get it headsup.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:54 PM

Hi.

Hand one: I don't like it. Barring a read, this guy holds (JJ)QQ+, AQ+. You're hoping he has AK specifically, for raising that flop. Folding the turn is terrible, given the flush-redraw.

Hand two: Given the read, I def. raise the flop, esp. since the original raiser folded. Folding the turn isn't terrible. Don't know if it's great though, either.

Hand three: SB can't really be reasonable, given his flop donk. If he has a K, he should c/r, same with a good draw. A GS or whatever should c/call. I call down. Flop donks from unknowns can be anything but often are Kx. I'd like to know that asap esp. if I have the further incentive to potentially win a big pot.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:43 PM

all three of these are bad; sorry.

for starters, 3bet this preflop.
for laters, don't fold postflop esp when there's only one overcard out.
for finishers, profit.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Hand 1: I probably fold to the flop 3bet. Since you didn't, I don't fold the turn either since you now have a heart draw.

Hand 2: 3bet preflop and go from there. As played, I'd probably raise the flop if he can make this bet with less than Qx.

Hand 3: I'd be most inclined to raise to get a fold from MP2.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:55 PM

You definitely can't fold the turn in hand 1, you've got a FD.
In the second hand, you are strong enough PF to 3bet MP1's raise.
I can live with the fold on the third hand.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:41 AM

See, I actually like the fold on hand one. I say this because it screams aa-JJ, Q-top pair, or FLUSH (im putting my money on Flush, because alot of people 3 bet more with something more than TP or a big draw).

Lets work this out mathematically:

If he has 11 outs (2 Ts and FD), he is a 3 to 1 dog. But lets just say half the time (more likely 75% loss) u win with the redraw. so in actualality, u have 6.5 outs (.50 *9 outs for FD) which is around a 6.75 (or 7) to 1 odds. So, I guess that is a borderline move at best.

And that doesnt include any implied odds. I just feel u are WB even with the flush comes. there are so many hands that can beat u, even if the redraw comes.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:36 AM

hand 1 - wtf you have 4 hearts. if one more comes you have 5 hearts. thats a flush. thats good. call the turn.

hand 2 - 3bet preflop. as played postflop is probly fine.

hand 3 - raise/call the flop.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:09 AM

A,K,J of hearts = BETTER flush
Old 03-17-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A,K,J of hearts = BETTER flush

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe he has 4h6h, that gives us even less outs cause the 7h may come and then he has a straight flush