Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Help, I lost my game and im going down

Hi guys i need like massive help, i am or was or will be or whatever a 10nl regular at bodog poker, in two months and a half i earned 1.3k starting form 0 as a bankroll which i think is kinda good, this month i was doing excellent i set a goal for making 30$ daily and dude i was running over the tables but once i reached 1.3k i decided to play PLO $25 BIG SUPER RETARDED MISTAKE, i dropped 250$ yesterday and today and now im down to $1050 im in pain so i moved back down but my 10nl is gone, im playin reckless making 30$ seems impossible, i seem to get suckout out, card dead and bla bla u know excuses. What pains me most is that I know im the problem, is me not a downswing, i feel guily for doing that PLO experiment, i know MY play is bad so its not w downswing is a matter that if i dont fix up my game im going down. What can i do? Have u guys feel like this before? What i did is right now i uninstall bodog so i dont have temptation to play and im going to play again probably until september 5 or so to fresh my mind. i needed to type this so i dont die of a heart attack and makes me feel much better only typing it here and i would really appreciate ur comments

Regards

LuisGamble
Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Help, I lost my game and im going down

[1] Take a week off from poker
[2] Drop down to micro stakes
[3] Post hands
[4] Study (books/2+2 theory posts)
[5] Basically, start again from the basement

Good Luck
Old 08-30-2007, 05:22 PM

play more tables, you will be unable to play loose than [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 08:47 AM

Don't worry man you are <u>fine</u> . You still have 100 buy ins for 10NL, think of the 25 excursion as taking a shot, thats great that you managed to stop the bleeding there and not tilt off the rest. You still have 100 buy ins at your level which is way more than enough so you are in no danger of having to move down.

My advice is to take $250 and take a 10 buy in shot at 25NL, you have to do it sometime if you want to move up and now you are way over rolled. If you can beat 10NL then there is not even a question you can beat 25NL. If you lose that you still have 75 buy ins! and can grind it back to take another shot. No need to despair you are in a comfortable position, good luck.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[1] Take a week off from poker
[2] Drop down to micro stakes
[3] Post hands
[4] Study (books/2+2 theory posts)
[5] Basically, start again from the basement

Good Luck

[/ QUOTE ]excellent advice
Old 08-31-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play more tables, you will be unable to play loose than [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty good advice if you have problems keeping focused and starting playing too loose. Whenever I'm having a downswing I start playing rediculously tight and nitty. This is especially true at the small stakes games. Also mabye try doing $5/ $10 SNGs to switch it up a bit.

Best of Luck!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:13 AM

You'll be okay, man, you just can't stress the money. There is no better way of going broke. I felt compelled to respond because you sound sorta like some stuff I've been through. Every single time I've ever gone broke in poker has come from getting too anxious about the money and wanting more too fast. Don't work that way. My guess is that some element of this impatience is what really led you to your recent minisetback. You've got a lot to be proud of, man, look at what you've accomplished so far. Just stay in the grind for a little while and you'll have made yourself a handsome stake. Don't grasp for too much too fast.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 AM

Guys thanks a lot lot for your help and i wich u the best of luck, justa, phil, tiger, hedon, donkey, diamond. I took a break and tonight i cashed in almost 150$ in the 10nl tables and my game is bak, i think is was a comination of pain, tilt and thos things im back at 1.3k again and i think this sillyiness is over. Thanks again for your replies just posting and knowing people who understand you in this kinda things makes u fell much better.

Regards and Best of Luck

Luis
Old 09-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Default going down

Try not setting a specific numeric goal, I find if you are thinkg of it it gets much harder to reach and you chase in order to hit that number.