Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Is this notmal in 25 Pot limit omaha?

Hey guys, this might sound like a brag, im kinda steaming right now but im starting to move up to 25 pot limit omaha, i used to play 10 nl holdem but i saw this super donks in omaha so i took a shot, man what a mistake that was. I went broke no kidding about 10 times having the best hand in the flop and turn, all this guys called with anything and seem to hit. I lost in total 7 buyins in one session, i mean it was sick....What advice can you give me when playing with donks in 25 pot limit? its like massive all ins? Is that variance normal? my total bankroll was 1.33k ym now at 1.18k
in one session where im sure i play well...for most part at least i didnt deserve that beat. Should i drop back to 10 nl and rebuild it? or shoudl i keep fighting donks at the higher level?

Regads and sorry if this sounded like a stupid bad beat

Joe
Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Is this notmal in 25 Pot limit omaha?

Omaha is a luck based game.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Omaha is a luck based game.

[/ QUOTE ]
If all you can do is wait for the nuts then any game is. Grow balls and start trying to push people off weak holdings.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:48 AM

You're clearly not mentally prepared for the game despite having 45 buyins left. You should move back down for a while longer.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 AM

go on
Old 08-29-2007, 05:07 AM

What u say ribbo makes the most sense, im probably not prepared for the game. What do u advice me? Im probably going to play 10 NL again and star boosting my bankroll back up but how can i make that transition or get mentallty prepared? I know i might have played bad but losing 7 buyins in a session was definitely more than what i ever expect. How can i play omaha succesfully at low stakes?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:26 AM

you grow your bankroll with NL10 to $1300 and still think you arent mentally prepared?
goddam
youd had 130 buy ins
now you have, say 45 buy-in for $25 NL or PLO whatever you want
what are you waiting for?
btw how long have you played,whats your stats and which pokerroom?
i wonder how is it possible : ))

i should respect such ppl with their BR managment but i think you waaay conservative
Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 AM

Wats up alavet, many people say to me that, that i shoudl be playing like at least 50nl and taking shots at 100nl and now im playing 10nl and takign shots to 25nl thats kinda gay i have to admit [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I have no stats lol cuz i dont know where to get stats from and exactly i started playing july 15 so its really like 2 months and a half...not so impressive...

I think what happens are two things

1. I dont think im a great player, i think im a fishcake but i win becuase people at 10 NL BODOG POKER tables are absolutley RETARDED, so in the world of retards i appear smart im not sure if im that good.

2. I feel i can make 30, 50 daily in 10nl tables so why play 25nl with much more stress and the profit is the same

3. I need the money because its useful when i want to get laid and for the chicks so losing 7 buyins hurts like shi.t when i never lose and always win [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think i will have to forget about the money and look for other incomes for my personal life and leave poker by its own...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 05:48 AM

FTR, a general guideline is that a PLO game plays about twice as big as a NLHE game with the same blinds. So it was really like you jumped from NL10 to NL50 and that's probably why you were surprised at the variance. Why don't you just jump up to NL25 for a while, and then when you're comfortable there, maybe give PLO another try.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:52 AM

this one helped me a lot
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=2#Post8361246