Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-20-2006, 09:39 AM

Default Historical Irony

Two weeks ago, the Germans successfully hosted a great sports festival, receiving people from all over world and showing respect and friendship to all races and nationalities.

One week later, a Jewish State, using old fascist's tatics, killed hundreds of civilians in response to a soldier kidnapping.

If you say that to a 50’s Humanist Jew like Einstein,Isaac Asimov or Popper he would not believe.

Now I can understand why Primo Levi killed himself.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Historical Irony

I don't understand your meaning, fascist tactics?

If this is obvious please be a dear and enlighten me

Cam
Old 07-20-2006, 10:33 AM

The man who ordered this attacks is a classic fascist because he is not able to make ethical and moral valuation of his acts since only the lifes of his victms are in danger. Besides that he lacks the sense of guilty. His supporters are under the effect of a "Banality of Evil" situation. As it was described by Hanna Arednt : Hannah Arendt From Wikipedia
Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 AM

this is pure ignorance. Israel did not use fascist tactics at all. they were INVADED, they are DEFENDING themselves. to not understand this takes willful ignorance or mental handicap.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two weeks ago, the Germans successfully hosted a great sports festival, receiving people from all over world and showing respect and friendship to all races and nationalities.

One week later, a Jewish State, using old fascist's tatics, killed hundreds of civilians in response to a soldier kidnapping.

If you say that to a 50’s Humanist Jew like Einstein,Isaac Asimov or Popper he would not believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Einstein was a proud and vocal Zionist and was offered the first Presidency of Israel.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Einstein was a proud and vocal Zionist and was offered the first Presidency of Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was offered some Jehovah's Witness material the other day.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just responding to his ridiculous assertion that Einstein, if he were alive today, would be anti-israel. And you sir, are an idiot.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just responding to his ridiculous assertion that Einstein, if he were alive today, would be anti-israel. And you sir, are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You responded to it with an argument that Einstein must have supported something because he was offered a role in it, despite the fact that he turned that down, and yet you have the nerve to call me an idiot. According to wikipedia (if someone knows better please correct):

[ QUOTE ]
hile Einstein was a supporter of Zionism in the cultural sense, he often expressed reservations regarding its application in terms of nationalism. During a speech at the Commodore Hotel in New York, he told the crowd "My awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish state with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power, no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain."[38] He also purchased a full-page ad in the New York Times condemning early Zionists for their treatment of the indigenous Arabs, especially at Deir Yassin (New York Times ad).

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this it strikes me that Einstein could quite easily have been "anti-Israel" if he were alive today in the sense of attacking it for its various crimes, as he did with Zionist forces when alive.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that he would be anti-Israel, I'm saying that he would not support a militaristic Israel who bombs civilians in response to a offense against its army. Einstein would not support the killing of lebanese children under any circunstance.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You responded to it with an argument that Einstein must have supported something because he was offered a role in it, despite the fact that he turned that down, and yet you have the nerve to call me an idiot. According to wikipedia (if someone knows better please correct):

[ QUOTE ]
hile Einstein was a supporter of Zionism in the cultural sense, he often expressed reservations regarding its application in terms of nationalism. During a speech at the Commodore Hotel in New York, he told the crowd "My awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish state with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power, no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain."[38] He also purchased a full-page ad in the New York Times condemning early Zionists for their treatment of the indigenous Arabs, especially at Deir Yassin (New York Times ad).

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this it strikes me that Einstein could quite easily have been "anti-Israel" if he were alive today in the sense of attacking it for its various crimes, as he did with Zionist forces when alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was responding to the ridiculous assertion that Einstein, if he were alive today, would be against Israel. That was made in the OP. I merely pointed out the stupidity of this argument. You made an irrelevant comment, but then that is the nature of your position, you obfuscate and argue your way around valid points, without ever really addressing them. Would Einstein be against Israel defending itself from outside invasion? (Note Hezbollah are not "indigenous arabs to the land of israel," they are an outside invading force). I doubt it.