Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Help me analyze my dry spell...

Okay, I'm posting this because in the past two weeks, I have had a 50+ hour break-even run (is -$0.10 net "break-even"? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), and I'm uber-frustrated.

I play primarily PP 6-max 100NL, and have dabbled recently in 6-max 200NL. I'm taking a quick look over some of my PT stats. I've noticed that earlier in the year, between about January and April, when I was really raking in a lot of money, I was playing about 26.5/12. Those numbers were very similar in the beginning of the summer (early June to early July), another great period of money-making (I wasn't playing much between late April and early June).

In the past two weeks, my numbers have dropped to 22.5/10.8. Do you think that this might imply a significant change in my playing style? What might be some other things/stats to look at to see if I've changed at all?

Really hoping for some input here, thanks.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Help me analyze my dry spell...

well obviously the drop it stats sound like you might be getting disheartened and not raising spots u should and sometimes not cont. betting thinking "he will obv call me as always" etc
Old 07-29-2006, 01:27 PM

how many hands is this? Unless you play like 8 tables, i don't think you've played more than 20,000 hands in this period, right?

I wouldn't get too concerned about your VPIP and PFR% dropping a small amount and correlating to not winning money like that over this sample size.

this is more than likely just a stretch of you not hitting flops and getting your c-bets called.

at least you're break-even and not losing!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many hands is this? Unless you play like 8 tables, i don't think you've played more than 20,000 hands in this period, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly 4 tabling, sometimes 3. In the past two weeks, these stats are over 15,571 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
well obviously the drop it stats sound like you might be getting disheartened and not raising spots u should and sometimes not cont. betting thinking "he will obv call me as always" etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this. I make continuation bets quite often and go for blind steals regularly... I don't think that this has lessened during my dry spell. I just checked out my aggression factor, which when I was winning was around 1.27 and 1.34 (winter and summer sessions), and in the past two weeks has been 1.24. This doesn't seem like a significant change to me.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just checked out my aggression factor, which when I was winning was around 1.27 and 1.34 (winter and summer sessions), and in the past two weeks has been 1.24. This doesn't seem like a significant change to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW get more aggressive
Old 07-29-2006, 02:08 PM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!

TDP,

stick it out (and get more aggro). It'll come. Your change in style is very slight and probably has no affect on anything and is nothing to worry about at all. If you do want some more meaningful feedback post all your stats from pt.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:16 PM

are you playing badly and knowing it?
or taken several bad beats a row?
are you tilting?

ive had one of the worst winrates, i've ever had in the last month but it was due to alot of simply bad play.

if its not due to very bad play its something in your play.
either..

common errors i found in my game.. and things to thinka bout when your playing

not being aggressive enough (your tight but not aggressive enough)
spewing chips with bad raises
being too aggressive OOP and not enough in position
position, position, position
Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 PM

You are too passive, most likely both pre and post flop.

15K hand breakeven is rough but it happens and it will happen again.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are too passive, most likely both pre and post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people have made this comment. You know, I really don't consider myself a passive player, and in fact I am often wondering if I am playing TOO aggressively. Oftentimes when I am multitabling, I will look from table to table at my PA stats and notice that I am sustaining an AF of 3.00+ over many hands. It is not uncommon for me to see an AF of 10+ or even the infinite symbol from PA, over many hands.

So, it's strange to me that PT is telling me that my AF is around 1.3... it doesn't really seem to make sense. Is it possible that PT calculates AF in two different ways? Or, does PA calculate it's own AF?

I know that I am much more aggressive on the flop than on the turn or river. How aggressive are YOU guys on the turn and river?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spewing chips with bad raises

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of my biggest problems.