Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-28-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Organizing a project to determine which sites are legit or rigged

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that until someone provides some credible evidence, I refuse to believe your half baked conspiracy theories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, buddy nobody cares if you want to lose money playing online poker.
If you say you don't experience these swings and want to contribute your hand history - go ahead, it would be quite useful -
otherwise move on, your insults are not welcome - you are just trying to impede a discussion here.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I choose not to play online poker because I suspect it is rigged. It is my frigging choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course.

If you don't want to play, don't.

[ QUOTE ]
I also advice others who have experienced bad beats or strange run of cards to stop playing online poker. Once again, you cannot force anyone to play and name calling is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, your advice is poor since you are demonstrating that you don't understand some basic elements of chance, luck and randomness.

I don't have a problem with ignorant people - It is not really their fault that they're not experts. Some people are blind; that's life.

However, I have a huge issue with ignorant people who set themselves as experts and dish out advice based on ignorance. The blind, leading the blind, are a crap breed of people.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you are a bad player very upset that that people are asking questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is not the questioning that makes me sad. It is the poor answers.

[ QUOTE ]
My advice to anyone interested in depositing money: DONT DO IT - just play the free roll tournaments etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just bad advice - bad advice born of ignorance.
[ QUOTE ]
There is no statistics or studies done to either prove or disprove it is rigged .. Thus, it would be unwise to play at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's just a plain lie. You should stop lying like a lying liar who lies.

The FAQ for this forum alone links to two such investigations; someone who was serious about this topic would look into the matter before making false claims.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen, buddy nobody cares if you want to lose money playing online poker.
If you say you don't experience these swings and want to contribute your hand history - go ahead, it would be quite useful -
otherwise move on, your insults are not welcome - you are just trying to impede a discussion here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, your advice is poor since you are demonstrating that you don't understand some basic elements of chance, luck and randomness.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually it is you who lacks complete understanding ..
My advice is sound: Unless you are really cannot play live AND are doing well online - you should not be playing online. Why? even if it is NOT rigged you are a losing player and if it is rigged well you are the sucker.

The truth is you are ignorant and you want eveyone else to be stupid and keep playing even if they are losing.

By the way - I suspected it was rigged for the opposite reason (not because of a losing streak but a winning one )

[ QUOTE ]
This is just bad advice - bad advice born of ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good advice regardless of whether its rigged or not and online or live.
Card sharks will certainly not heed my advice but losing players who keep playing online, losing terribly and buying books to 'improve' are stupid.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:16 PM

1) Not everyone has the same inability to improve their game that you apparently have. Being a losing player now does not preclude someone from getting better in the future.

2) Seeking to improve is not a bad thing.

3) People play for different reasons; not everyone intends on winning millions.

4) There are other advantages to playing online rather than live - accessibility, comfort, convenience, etc.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ot everyone has the same inability to improve their game that you apparently have. Being a losing player now does not preclude someone from getting better in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently these 'legit' sites are trying very hard to convince me that I am a great player given the great cards I keep getting dealt every time I start playing (as a newbie).
Buddy, I play live and I have to sit for 20 hands for cards I get right off the bat when I play. Flopping fullhouses is fun but a tad suspcicious when it happens a lot..

[ QUOTE ]
There are other advantages to playing online rather than live - accessibility, comfort, convenience, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which one of those sites do you work for?

I'm not interested right now - I'm doing quite well playing live poker. Maybe I'll give it a chance when I come down with a flu next time.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently these 'legit' sites are trying very hard to convince me that I am a great player given the great cards I keep getting dealt every time I start playing (as a newbie).

[/ QUOTE ]

how many hands are we talking here?

[ QUOTE ]
Which one of those sites do you work for?

[/ QUOTE ]

None.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:35 AM

Josem I guess the one thing I'm not understanding is why you even bother trying to go back and forth with clowns like this. There are a handful of people out there who do not understand variance and never will. This thread is a great example. They'll never prove their wild conspiracy theories because there is no evidence out there that can back up their claims, other than single hand histories or a flurry of hands within one day that appear "suspicious". I find it laughable and I'll get into it with them every once in a while, but you seem to be on a mission to battle to the death every single time one of these threads comes along. To each their own, but I'm pretty sure you're talking to a wall.

I'm a winning player who has probably gone through a dozen 10 buy in downswings over the course of the past year. During every single one of them I ran really badly. Despite the frustration, not once did I try to blame the site for my bad fortune. You play long enough, you see it all. You know that, I know that. Unfortunately some of these people never will. They'd rather quit after the first downswing and allow that downswing to keep them out of the game altogether, or make them play worse just because they've given up on even trying to be a winning player on a site that's "rigged" against them. I've heard about it and seen it too many times, even with some close friends.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:56 AM

I've been playing live poker for almost 20 years. I've been playing online since Paradise was the dominant site (so about 6 years). At no point have I seen anything online that would make me suspect that the dominant sites are rigged.

It is also very easy to test if they are. If I suspected that they were rigged I would have tested. As such I'd assume the people who believe they are rigged would also have some form of statistical analysis that they would be willing to submit to peer review. Yet none do.

I did find something interesting about Bystander's post in that he encouraged people to play the Freerolls. Why? Freerolls are for insignificant money. Why would any competent player waste their time on them? If someone believes online poker is rigged and they only play live they won't waste their time playing Freerolls for chump change.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been called by pokerstars security numerous times over the last year, mainly with them voicing their displeasure with my posts on P5's

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never heard of security calling someone over a post about bad beats. Security don't even deal with bad beat complaints. You may have been called about other issues, but not bad beats.