Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 08:18 PM

Default firefox getting weird on me

I'm on 1.5.0.8. I run a bunch of extensions, so far with hardly a hitch for months if not years. Recently I put in another batch including: Roboform and Scrapbook and BugMeNot (and YMail Notifier). Those put a bunch of stuff in my context menu and also caused ConQuery to stop working right in the context menu, thus: you can set ConQuery to put your top plug in's in the context menu and keep the rest in the Query To context submenu. Now those top 4 plug in's just don't appear anywhere. This happened some other time and I think I just reinstalled ConQuery. Now I can't get them back. In case it was context menu overload, I used Menu Editor to disable most of the new stuff. No improvement.

So I guess I have to work a little harder to use the context submenu now for my top searches. annoying, but it gets worse. now suddenly the Page Up/ Down and Home and End buttons aren't working for browsing. Or the page ones will work sometimes, but not usually. and home/end never.

everything is coming apart...
Old 11-11-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: firefox getting weird on me

Maybe it has to do with you running an old version of firefox. Try dl'ing the new firefox 2.0

www.getfirefox.com
Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try dl'ing the new firefox 2.0

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a completely different world.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:36 PM

thanks, I did go to 2.0 as soon as I posted to try that. no change with the scrolling. in fact, I didn't realize at first, but it's also the arrow keys. once in a while they all work, but I can't figure out what triggers it. and it/'s within the same site--sometimes can scroll with keyboard, usually not. (and I checked on IE, not the new version, and the keys do work there.)

now I'm busy overriding compatibility checking to get some extensions back. let's see what kind of disaster I can create with that.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:08 PM

well still not working, but at least I have identified a way to get it to work, namely: if I use the Find box to search any text, then I can use all the keyboard browsing keys after that (arrow page up/ down etc--and note, the tab button doesn't work either when the others don't, trying to get from field to field).

just in case anyone might have any idea...