Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: The time you spend on this site

you know what, Irieguy makes a point I hadn't realized: most of my close friends these days tend to be people I met on 2+2!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering, Loungers, how each of you feel about this site? Are you glad you found it, and has it been good or bad overall for you? How would you feel if it disappeared tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

The site has been a blast. I've had more fun on here than anything I can remember doing in a long time (with the exception of snorkeling in Hawaii.)

Overall the experience has been really good for me.
There have been some down sides obviously but I figure I've saved roughly $4000 by posting on here instead of shopping at the mall and outlet stores.

I've gotten some solid advice on varying topics. This might sound weird but I actually think about the comments that were made in the fashion thread, you know where you guys told us what you don't like women to wear, and I now I try to think about those comments. Blarg has me buying much brighter shirts and dresses than I'm used to.

I'm also paying close attention to that dog thread so that hopefully I'll have realistic expectations when I get canine-seagull. I can't wait.

I think my cooking has improved. I remember advice from the posters who were kind enough to post in my cooking thread as well as stuff I learned from the Iron Chef OOT threads. I think it's helped a lot.

I'm really pleased with the film suggestions that the lounge has given me. Films like Straw Dogs, Naked, Get Carter...even Festen [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...I would never have seen if it hadn't been for the DVD club. (oh why can't we still have the DVD club? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) I'm just so glad I had the opportunity to get to know the lounge posters and watch these films with them. Very cool.

The main thing I like about it is having a place to go to chat with friends and learn stuff I wouldn't normally learn, like the Lindy Hop from Borodog and MrWookie. Where else could I get that? I don't have very many interesting friends in real life.

Oh my god someone hand me a tissue.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering, Loungers, how each of you feel about this site? Are you glad you found it, and has it been good or bad overall for you? How would you feel if it disappeared tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

The site has been a blast. I've had more fun on here than anything I can remember doing in a long time (with the exception of snorkeling in Hawaii.)

Overall the experience has been really good for me.
There have been some down sides obviously but I figure I've saved roughly $4000 by posting on here instead of shopping at the mall and outlet stores.

I've gotten some solid advice on varying topics. This might sound weird but I actually think about the comments that were made in the fashion thread, you know where you guys told us what you don't like women to wear, and I now I try to think about those comments. Blarg has me buying much brighter shirts and dresses than I'm used to.

I'm also paying close attention to that dog thread so that hopefully I'll have realistic expectations when I get canine-seagull. I can't wait.

I think my cooking has improved. I remember advice from the posters who were kind enough to post in my cooking thread as well as stuff I learned from the Iron Chef OOT threads. I think it's helped a lot.

I'm really pleased with the film suggestions that the lounge has given me. Films like Straw Dogs, Naked, Get Carter...even Festen [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...I would never have seen if it hadn't been for the DVD club. (oh why can't we still have the DVD club? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) I'm just so glad I had the opportunity to get to know the lounge posters and watch these films with them. Very cool.

The main thing I like about it is having a place to go to chat with friends and learn stuff I wouldn't normally learn, like the Lindy Hop from Borodog and MrWookie. Where else could I get that? I don't have very many interesting friends in real life.

Oh my god someone hand me a tissue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you want mine after that NSFW link I posted...
Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ruin my good vibe. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I was getting all sentimental there for a minute.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 AM

I was actually seriously considering not posting anymore because I have a big backlog of stuff to do. I have given up instant messaging and other procrastinating habits in the past weeks, I am debating if I should also stop 2+2. Whether I stop or not, I sure have read very interesting posts that I have enjoyed a lot. I'll get to see the pryor film soon (he shipped it recently, so it should arrive anytime now), and other fun things I would not have done otherwise. It also got me to read some books (when the book club was on) that I hadn't considered reading before.

I think my time spent on 2+2 has been well worth it.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 AM

No way can I regret the time I've spent here. Like Blarg, if it wasn't for this, it'd be some other addition/distraction. I think that for me, I just need to have some easily accessible diversion to keep me sane. I do think I spend a little too much time here, I don't think the impact on my life is at all significant. Does that mean I don't have enough to do in life? Maybe, but it's not like I skip out on going out with friends to post on 2+2.

There's no way I can regret the amount of money this site has made me. I'm no high stakes balla, but poker has definitely helped subsidize my meager grad student income. I wouldn't be living as comfortably as I do w/o 2+2.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ruin my good vibe. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I was getting all sentimental there for a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...come one! you lobbed a soft ball for me - I had to swing!

Besides, Katy...you're one of the people here I haven't met yet who I consider a good friend...and I'm glad to know ya!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:16 AM

I love the time I spend here, although I'm much more of a lurker than a poster. I'm so much of a lurker that it took me over a year to post my first post, and that was eons ago.

2+2 has helped my poker game tremendously, and I still don't read or post in the strat forums as much as I should. The other thing I love about 2+2, is that no matter what your question, or interest, there's typically someone on this site who is an expert in it. For an example of the communal genius of 2+2, go check out what's happening with the Absolute scandal! The forum slueths have not only figured out the whole incident, but also the guilty parties as well, amazing stuff.

Do I spend too much time on here? Absolutely. On a typical day, while playing poker or doing other stuff I probably lurk for several hours. In my defense, I'm a poker player and an entrepeneur who works from home, so it's either this or Maury, but mostly both [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oddly enough, I've noticed that most of my posting in OOT and the Lounge comes when I get home from the bars late at night, and is mostly in a drunken stupor. That can't reflect well on me hehe.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:41 AM

I'm still relatively new around here, and I'm not a regular Lounge poster. I suppose I would be ecstatic to get half out of the forums as Irieguy has.

I think I can already see the writing on the wall about my future on the forum. I spend a ton of time here, mostly in the Small Stakes Limit strat forum and BBV4L. I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now I was counting 2p2ers as the majority of my friends.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:40 AM

I'm on here pretty much everyday, but my usage spikes when I have an essay to do (like now).

I have been a member of various sites, but none of them were able to keep my interest for too long. Not really sure what keeps me here, but whatever it is, I hope it doesn't change.