Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 09-28-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: TT in Kill Pot

why would you a) show your cards, and b) raise the turn when we have an oesd and want to draw to it and maybe show down anyway, and c) fold the turn for one more bet after you got raised?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM

I think calling that flop was the worst of the choices. I think you've either got to raise or fold and I like raising esp. against that particular player. Let him worry about you as the pf 3-bettor and see what he does.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're thinking free showdown, this is definitely not a good spot for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a good spot to go for a FSDR to me. Why not?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:06 AM

because we have outs
Old 09-28-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you're thinking free showdown, this is definitely not a good spot for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a good spot to go for a FSDR to me. Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, gross gross gross. What is it with you people and free showdown raises.

We have an OESD. How excited are you to pay 3BBs for an 8-10 outer?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 AM

He's not folding now. I would have probably raised the flop . .. or folded the flop.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you a) show your cards,

[/ QUOTE ]

We've established the reason, because it's a leak in my game. I'm not even going to tell you how much I tip

[ QUOTE ]

and b) raise the turn when we have an oesd and want to draw to it and maybe show down anyway,

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I hate money. It was a bad decision when he essentially had to have an unfoldable hand. I could fold bluffs and charge T9s some more, but I'm just spewing otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]

and c) fold the turn for one more bet after you got raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't fold the turn, I was open ended. I folded the river.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 AM

DesertCat--

My standard play is definitely not to fold the flop in that spot in that game. People get too check-call-ish with their aces, which means that (by Bayes) it's just too likely they're getting funky with something else. I also think you'll get three-bet too often if you raise (though maybe not in a kill pot? hmm...), so I like the call.

On the turn I think you have to just call. Nothing's folding--remember that he would probably play KK/QQ, at least, differently preflop--and you have a lot of outs, and so forth. If you call in tempo you have the added benefit of people decently often thinking you're in call-down mode and giving up on bluffs or even (for muddy-thinking reasons) some value-bets.

If the turn goes bet-call and the river bricks off and he bets, you're in a tough spot. Me, I just look into his soul and usually fold.

Good to see you posting hands,

--Nate
Old 09-28-2007, 11:01 AM

From what I remember about Arizona games, a donk on any street from an average to below average player means a. I have nothing, please please fold b. i have a draw.

That being said, if I choose to call the flop bet, I'm probably gritting my teeth and calling down the whole way. If I choose to raise the flop and only get called, I'm checking the turn and speed calling any river.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DesertCat--

My standard play is definitely not to fold the flop in that spot in that game. People get too check-call-ish with their aces, which means that (by Bayes) it's just too likely they're getting funky with something else. I also think you'll get three-bet too often if you raise (though maybe not in a kill pot? hmm...), so I like the call.

On the turn I think you have to just call. Nothing's folding--remember that he would probably play KK/QQ, at least, differently preflop--and you have a lot of outs, and so forth. If you call in tempo you have the added benefit of people decently often thinking you're in call-down mode and giving up on bluffs or even (for muddy-thinking reasons) some value-bets.

If the turn goes bet-call and the river bricks off and he bets, you're in a tough spot. Me, I just look into his soul and usually fold.

Good to see you posting hands,

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatz up Nate,

Haven't you seen people in AZ take this line way too much with complete crap to ever fold the river? Obviously the way the OP decided to play it the river becomes a pretty easy fold, but if you decide to put in minimum action on each street I think the river is an auto call.