Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 11-22-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Documentaries

NOVA: Evolution on Trial

It's pretty good.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:13 AM

War Photographer - Saw someone recommend this earlier I strongly disliked this. Thought it was a great topic and was psyched to see it but it was so slow moving, so many images. It was an artsy, images and few words type deal, not particularly well done. Also thought the famous amazing war photographer was a bit of a dummy, what he said given what he has done was so uninteresting.

No end in site - best movie i've seen on iraq, highly recommend.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Corporation is one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. It's just anti-capitalist fluff. A bunch of random scary music, qoutes taken out of context, and poorly constructed arguments about why every corporation is evil. In almost every example they give, you can make a much better case for placing the blame on fascist/corporatist governments than the corporations they're trying to vilify.

The qoute from Michael Moore at the very end is just priceless for it's hilarious logical fallacies and contradictions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to expand on this in any way? I just don't see it at all. How do you place the blame on government for the monsanto example?

Also, what fascist government are you trying to place the blame on? The US government?

Google video is not co-operating at this moment but I don't see the logical fallacies or contradictions of micheal moore's statement at the end. Care to explain it to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be happy to explain my thoughts on this, but it would likely cause a major thread hijack. Let's start a new thread or PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

start a thread instead of PMs if you don't mind,could be an interesting discussion. i haven't watched the film but i was thinking about it,i'm sure a thread about it would be worth reading if i did.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:57 AM

Gladiator Days: Anatomy of a Prison Murder

This acclaimed, gritty documentary examines the culture of violence in prisons, focusing on the brutal murder of inmate Lonnie Blackmon. At a Utah State Prison, white supremacist convict Troy Kell was captured on the prison security camera in the act of the murder. Interviews with Kell himself, his accomplice, his prosecutor, and the victim's brother reveal the details and aftermath of this vicious case. Kell's criminal history is also explored through interviews from his involvement in a 1986 murder up until his status on death row.

It was on youtube a couple weeks ago but the acount that had it was banned here is the trailer Trailer