Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: things a customer service rep said that pissed you off

[ QUOTE ]
I walk up to the counter at an movie rental place and I ask for the movie "dumb and dumber". She says ok, sticks the dvd in the box and hands it to me, just as I hand her the money I notice its not "dumb and dumber".... its the [censored] sequel "dumb and dumberer". I tell her politely that this is the wrong movie & ask her to change it for me... she says SORRY WE DONT DO REFUNDS.

So I flip out.. I screaming and shouting, throwing dvd's everywhere... I throw one DVD box at her and it cracks her right in the face.. blood pours everywhere.. "You [censored] bitch, I'll [censored] kill you".. then some guy appears with a baseball bat and hits me full swing on the head. I get knocked out instantly... I wake up and im tied to a chair, I look a round and who do I see tied to a chair beside me? [censored] Bruce Willis!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny because it's like Pulp Fiction?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:35 AM

I once called my credit card company and some guy was like "Oh my goodness, this is Nirmal, how can I help you today good friend?" in an almost unrecognizable accent. When we hung up he said "Thank you, come again."
Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I work in a poker room. Players will often ask me things like, "Do I have to post a blind?", or "Do I have to put my name on a list?" My response is always, "I'll never tell you that you 'have to' do anything."

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I alone in thinking this sounds kinda smartassy?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I work in a poker room. Players will often ask me things like, "Do I have to post a blind?", or "Do I have to put my name on a list?" My response is always, "I'll never tell you that you 'have to' do anything."

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I alone in thinking this sounds kinda smartassy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was my first thought, too. It sounds kind of condescending. Plus, the players at his table just want a "yes" or "no" answer, not the ambivalent response that Youtalkfunny is giving them.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM

So I'm doing a summer internship for a construction company and have to wake before 5AM to get onsite. It's around midnight and I decide to make a quick call to T-Mobile to clear up something they mistakenly charged me for. I figure call volume should be low at this hour and I should be in and out in no time. Big mistake.

Over 1 hour into the converation
I'm frustrated as hell because not only is this lady dumb, but she's stubborn.
ME: OK, so do you finally see why I this error is not my fault and is in fact, T-Mobile's fault.
HER: Yes.
ME: OK, great, so you'll take the $60 charge off for me?
HER: No.
[My head explodes in a murderous fit of rage]

A half hour later she FINALLY takes the charge off for me.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YOU'RE A MACHINE.
YOU CANNOT BE SORRY.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT's a machine. IT cannot be YOU.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Problems with customer service folks (phone reps) usually arise because most are trained not to think for themselves, but to follow the script. Mine:
When I purchased my phone, I knew I was going to be traveling to a certain area several times a year. Because of this, I SPECIFICALLY asked the sales rep whether I would have to worry about roaming in that area, and was SPECIFICALLY told know. My first bill, I have massive roaming charges for that area. I call customer service, and despite clearly explaining the mitigating circumstances, the only reply I could get was the script "that is in a roaming area." That is par for the course, but as I tried to explain again, she interrupted me. Hate that. So I tell her, "please let me finish." She was quiet, I explained, and there was silence. After five seconds, she VERY patronizingly said "are you finished?" I IMMEDIATELY asked to speak with a manager. After bitching out his employee and explaining the situation, the manager apologized, reversed the charges, and for my trouble, upgraded me TWO PLANS for the price of the one I had.

Live issues: I went to a T-Mobile store a little after 6 in the evening, and unfortunately, they had just closed, but the lights were on, and an employee was sitting on the counter right near the door. Wanting to ask where the nearest open store was, I knocked on the door. She tapped on her watch, and mouthed "closed." I said "I have a quick question." She blatantly rolled her eyes, opened the door, and said "WHAT?" I asked the question, she didn't have an answer, and I said thanks, and told her that in the future she probably shouldn't roll her eyes at a potential customer. She said "[censored] you," and closed the door. Wrote a letter.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 PM

Comcast Cable High speed internet:
Me: Ok, I've already disconnected my wireless network and have the cable modem connected directly to my pc. I powered off the modem for 30 minutes and then powered it on. I rebooted my computer. Next step?

CS:
Turn the modem off and wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:16 PM

My cellphone did this thing where if you turned it off, you would not be able to turn in on again for a few hours. I take it in to get it fixed and explain to them the problem.

When I come back after the 30 minute wait, the guys hands me a new phone and says "We couldn't transfer your phone book or anything else to this phone because we could not get your old phone to power on after we turned it off."

Would have made an issue about it, but I had seen it coming. So earlier in the week I had set up the contact list backup tool that is free to use, but won't come pre-loaded on anything. Backup Assistant
Old 06-08-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was my first thought, too. It sounds kind of condescending. Plus, the players at his table just want a "yes" or "no" answer, not the ambivalent response that Youtalkfunny is giving them.

[/ QUOTE ]

In grade school we had a teacher who wouldn't let you go to the washroom if you asked "Can I go to the washroom?". You have to say "May I go to the washroom?" If you made the mistake of saying "can" he'd launch into a big diatribe about how anybody can but that doesn't give you permission to leave the classroom. Blah, blah, blah.

Was Youtalkfunny ever a teacher?