27-30 32 13.56%
30-34 27 11.44%
35+ 32 13.56%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I lost 6 buyins at 3/6 and over 7 buyins at 2/4 today. My downswing tally is up to 27k now. I haven't cashed out in 2 months, and I'm down to only 16k in poker accounts now. That's probably not enough of a roll to play 3/6 anymore... but then, if you are a losing player, no amount is enough of a roll.

I guess I have no choice - I will start sending out resumes and contacting recruiters tomorrow. This really sucks, because it almost certainly means I'm going to have to move to someplace with a tech sector, and that means leaving behind beautiful Hawaii, all of my wife's family, our support network, etc. Right now we live rent free with my in-laws, which is particularly awesome due to built-in baby-sitting and all the help they give. Our whole lives are going to change because I've completely lost both the ability to play good and to run good.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post made me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 AM

fwiw I think I'm gonna commit suicide soon if moneybookers dont up my limits :/
Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Ya ddubois, just get a job in Hawaii for some supplementary income, and really dissect your game at the same time. Move down, hire a coach, review sessions heavily, and you should be good to go. You can definetely rebuild on 16k.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I lost 6 buyins at 3/6 and over 7 buyins at 2/4 today. My downswing tally is up to 27k now. I haven't cashed out in 2 months, and I'm down to only 16k in poker accounts now. That's probably not enough of a roll to play 3/6 anymore... but then, if you are a losing player, no amount is enough of a roll.

I guess I have no choice - I will start sending out resumes and contacting recruiters tomorrow. This really sucks, because it almost certainly means I'm going to have to move to someplace with a tech sector, and that means leaving behind beautiful Hawaii, all of my wife's family, our support network, etc. Right now we live rent free with my in-laws, which is particularly awesome due to built-in baby-sitting and all the help they give. Our whole lives are going to change because I've completely lost both the ability to play good and to run good.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you still even playing 3/6 and 2/4? you should have moved down long before your downswing got this big. i'm not going to assume to know why you didn't but i would guess it's the same thing that breaks so many other players, EGO.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Bored as hell in class right now, forums are pretty slow, what is some classic archived stuff I can dig in to?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 AM

WTF are you guys talking about, the advert with the gorilla drumming to Phil Collins is awesome.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF are you guys talking about, the advert with the gorilla drumming to Phil Collins is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. but then again: ure british, so this stuff was designed for u. no point in arguing, I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 10:29 AM

can anyone tell me how long it takes for MB to verify documents? it's been a day :/
Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry to hear about your situation. Would grinding 1/2nl be enough $ for you to keep your lifestyle?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 AM

woot, just had a 6k sesh at 5/10

now +16k on the month, but sadly not playing on my own money and I was stuck 6k in makeup from wcoop/other tournaments before my run.

brag: now freerolling on Niagara entry a la yvesaint from last year, so i can make monies for my bank account from here on. wheeeeee.
Closed Thread