Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 09:07 PM

Default In Vegas 4/26-30, how will WSOP affect games/tournies?

I was planning on playing some 4/8, probably 1/2, and maybe the Sahara tourney next weekend while in Vegas. Staying at the MGM, probably will do a lot of playing there. The WSOP circuit event at Caesar's is there at the same time, and I wondered if you regulars think it will change the games or Sahara tourney much. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: In Vegas 4/26-30, how will WSOP affect games/tournies?

Nope. Sahara doesn't much attract the crowd that flies to Vegas just to play the WSOP circuit events. Caesars poker room will be unusually busy, I'm sure. Bellagio may be busier than usual. Otherwise it won't be that different.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 AM

I'm in Vegas from 4/29 to 5/5. Does anyone know if Caesar's will be running the daily tournaments starting on 5/3, the day after the Circuit Event ends?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:00 AM

Bav, do you know the stucture for the $500 WSOP circuit events at Ceaser's? I forgot to ask Brandon the last time I was there?? I can't find any info on the WSOP site.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:34 AM

I stayed at Caesars last year during the circuit event and their room was teeming with great games 24 hours a day. Every other room I visited in town didn't seem any more busy or crowded than usual.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bav, do you know the stucture for the $500 WSOP circuit events at Ceaser's? I forgot to ask Brandon the last time I was there?? I can't find any info on the WSOP site.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I haven't looked. The low buyin tourneys always have tiny starting chip stacks so I don't see 'em as better (and probably actually much worse) than V's regular deep stack events. Seems like last year the structure of the small WSOP daily special tourneys was actually crummier than the regular daily Caesars tourney, and far worse than Wynn's $330/$540. I was disappointed and didn't play any of them. So I mostly look at the Circuit as disruptive rather than something to look forward to.

If I swing by Caesars in the next day or two I'll hunt for Circuit structure info. Hopefully they improved some of this since last year.