Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2006, 03:47 AM

Default Taj 5k, baby flush facing overbet reraise

This was from my first live tournament, a slow 73 player $5k+150 event this past weekend.

Blinds 75-150. Average stack size is about 10% above the initial 10k buy-in.

CO (~13000?) seems loose, and picked up his chips by snapping off a blind-steal and then 3-barrel bluff with a mediocre hand in the blinds vs. a clearly overly-aggressive player.

SB (~7000) is listening to an MP3 player and seems experienced but out-of-depth. In an earlier multiway pot, he checked twice with flopped trips (very coordinated low board), turned quads, and then made a small value bet, a line I thought was hideous. I don't know how he lost 3k chips.

Hero is BB (~11000). Hasn't played many hands, and hasn't shown down any.

Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop (9-handed):
CO open-limps, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop (3-handed, 450): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets 200, Hero calls (?), Button raises to 1500, SB pushes all in for about 6700 on top of his 200, Hero ...?

There are three options. What's right, and how much difference do you think there is between the play you favor and the alternatives?