Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: No Sunday Night football on 10/28. Why?

[ QUOTE ]
interesting map..thanks.

Hard to believe that some of the regions so close Philly or MIN actually are NOT going to get the PHI/MIN game.
Central and northeastern Iowa folks as well as NJ viewers are likely to be TICKED!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about Iowa, but as far as NJ that's pretty much standard. Alot of North Jersey Giants fans. Alot of South Jersey Eagles fans.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The map for NJ looks normal. North and East of Philly usually get the Giants games. I'm only about 30 miles NNE of Philly and I have never got a Philly game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprised DC area is getting NYG/MIA and not PHI/MIN (well, disappointed if not surprised) because I sort of assumed the pecking order here was WAS-DAL-PHI-NYG in terms of the games we get. I guess its because NYG are actually good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked where I used to live in the DC area because I could get both the DC channels and the Baltimore channels (looks like the Baltimore station is showing the PHI game.)
Old 10-25-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The map for NJ looks normal. North and East of Philly usually get the Giants games. I'm only about 30 miles NNE of Philly and I have never got a Philly game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprised DC area is getting NYG/MIA and not PHI/MIN (well, disappointed if not surprised) because I sort of assumed the pecking order here was WAS-DAL-PHI-NYG in terms of the games we get. I guess its because NYG are actually good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked where I used to live in the DC area because I could get both the DC channels and the Baltimore channels (looks like the Baltimore station is showing the PHI game.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I can get that on my cable, maybe I'll hook up some bunny ears. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I can get that on my cable, maybe I'll hook up some bunny ears. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this was back when my Dad had one of those huge external antennas on the roof of the house. I was actually disappointed when we finally got cable because we lost all of the Baltimore channels.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The London thing is probably the reason they are pushing that game out there a bunch.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Great, i was just thinking how much i hoped i could watch a mediocre team get steamrolled and then hear the lamest sports fans alive celebrate when they win.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 PM

AFAIK, there is no pecking order. If your home market team is playing, you get them. If not, you get the national game.

The home market for south jersey is the Eagles. The home market for north jersey is the Giants.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the London game a night game?

[/ QUOTE ]

6pm here, obviously Sky are going to show it, which is a shame because without money on it I'd rather watch the Bears game
Old 10-25-2007, 06:20 PM

A good explanation of the TV policies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_...ision_policies

I was under the impression that local affiliates had the choice of what game to air (besides the requirement to show away games of the "local" team). But the wikipedia article says that the network has the final say.

Judging by some of the odd shaped maps (e.g., the southwest corner of Louisiana showing the TB/STL game in week 3, while the rest of the state is showing SF/PIT: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2007-03-FOX1.html ), I would guess, though, that an affiliate does have a lot of say.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AFAIK, there is no pecking order. If your home market team is playing, you get them. If not, you get the national game.

The home market for south jersey is the Eagles. The home market for north jersey is the Giants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? So DAL/MIN was the national game last week? Actually I suppose that makes sense, they are Americas Team after all. I just assumed it was a NFC East thing.