Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 07:36 AM

Default I get there, and then fold- hollywood park 15/30

Reads: EP is dumb, bad, drunk and aggressive. He plays a ton of hands, does STONE cold bluffs in bad spots, "valuebets" too much, etc etc

MP is an attractive 35ish asian womean. She is stuck, also drunk, and doesn't get out of line much. I'm pretty sure she is fairly new to poker.

SB is a drunk racist white guy who hates my guts, and has been sweating gallons for the last 3 hours. I played him shorthanded at the mustmove, and didn't see him bluff once as far as I remember. He also didn't valuebet much at all. He's basically weak/loose

Dumb bad aggressive drunk player Opens in EP. Coldcalled by MP and sb. I 3bet AKo in the BB. EP caps. all call.

Flop Ts7s3c
I check. EP bets. MP FOLDS (!). SB calls. I peel. w/o a spade.

Turn is ace of spades. SB checks. I bet. EP looks a bit disgusted and calls. SB checkraises. I tank for like 4 seconds, and muck.

Grade me on all streets plz A-F
Old 09-23-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: I get there, and then fold- hollywood park 15/30

A on all streets. I play it the same.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:24 AM

pf: A

flop: B
bet flop and hopefully Maniac will raise. Then you can call down with A high.

Turn: probably good, but depends heavily on your read during the hand.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 AM

seems ok.
hope your read is right

pf A
flop B-
turn A

although these things grading things are meaningless.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 AM

pf 3 bet is the only play. too much value not to. im assuming ep random caps a lot.

flop: provided ep is very aggressive and bad i would bet the flop into him and hope he raises some worse hands. to get the hand heads up with him would be ideal if possible.

because of pot size and how bad sb and ep play (i.e.: their willingness to pay you off should your hand become good again on the river) i think you should call the turn and hope something like a non-spade T or K or 7 peels off and that it's good. expect ep to check most rivers anyway if you do call the river even if he has something as good as a small flush or set. there's i think at least a 5% chance sb shows up with AJ or something here and his hatred has just boiled over so much by this point that he decide to ignore what you might have and c/r the turn out of spite.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf 3 bet is the only play. too much value not to. im assuming ep random caps a lot.

flop: provided ep is very aggressive and bad i would bet the flop into him and hope he raises some worse hands. to get the hand heads up with him would be ideal if possible.

because of pot size and how bad sb and ep play (i.e.: their willingness to pay you off should your hand become good again on the river) i think you should call the turn and hope something like a non-spade T or K or 7 peels off and that it's good. expect ep to check most rivers anyway if you do call the river even if he has something as good as a small flush or set. there's i think at least a 5% chance sb shows up with AJ or something here and his hatred has just boiled over so much by this point that he decide to ignore what you might have and c/r the turn out of spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you see the initial read?

[ QUOTE ]
and didn't see him bluff once as far as I remember. He also didn't valuebet much at all. He's basically weak/loose

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM

"did you see the initial read?"

yes but when angry hatey guys get tilty after hours weird stuff happens. you need to factor in the small chance that is happening.