Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Good Luck Chuck--3% Tomatometer!

[ QUOTE ]
hijack: his column last week about the Patriots cheating scandal was the most insufferable thing I've read on purpose about sports in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]
the gf and I both said just about that exact same thing. I don't think either one of us actually finished it, it was simply too aggravating.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Al,

I think the Simmons analogy kinda works. Bill was less innovative and I think his natural talent helped him more, where as Cook was more agressive in his self promotion. (also I would argue that Simmons might be better if the Sox/Pats hadn't got good, he's at his worst when he's writing about Boston)

Simmons hates Cook because he's not funny, wore a Yankees hat at the wrong time or something, and was a [censored] or something when Simmons was working for Kimmel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dane claims he's a Red Sox fan yet also wears NYY stuff was the problem. That and he was a really nit backstage at Kimmel's show/Crank Yankers and Bill said something like "Oh, the guy can't take a joke with us but on his HBO show he's the wacky guy? Please."
Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 AM

I feel Simmons writing is worse when he is Boston-centric, however Boston's success led to his popularity/marketability. Do you think he releases a book called "I Will Never Die In Peace" If the Red Sox got swept by the Yankees.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel Simmons writing is worse when he is Boston-centric, however Boston's success led to his popularity/marketability. Do you think he releases a book called "I Will Never Die In Peace" If the Red Sox got swept by the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he releases "I will now set my skin on fire while watching Reality TV" or whatever.

That's not really the point though-- he can write about Boston teams and be readable, but even when his team has doing something obviously wrong like this, he has to defend them, and then he's insufferable.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Saw it tonight. Hilarious. I went in with fairly low expectations. After all, I have grown tired of Dane Cook reminding me 10 times a day that there is only one October. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't just good - it was very good. I can't decide if I liked it better than Knocked Up, but it is definitely one of the two funniest movies I have seen this year.

Bonus: look at Jessica Alba for a couple hours
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was looking forward to watching this movie. This is a huge disappointment to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were looking forward to watching a Dane Cook movie and were only turned off when it got like the worst RT score ever.

JUDGING YOU RIGHT NOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

0% - Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

There's a few more zeros and quite a few lower than 3%, but Ballistic has the lowest "adjusted" score ever at 1.5831.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't believe how awful this title was when the movie first came out. People should lose jobs over titles like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good popcorn flick, tho.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, no. The ridicule is all mine. And Ocho is correct.

Some vaginas (outies) cause panty bulge from larger, splayed labia minora- and/or from landing strip/natural pubic growth.

Other vaginas (innies) have everything neatly tucked away- add to that a clean shave or wax-------> hotdog bun.(no bulge or "poof")

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, thank you for the breakdown. Of course this leads me to wonder what the corresponding euphemism for an "outtie" is. If there isn't currently one which has gained acceptance than I think we should come up with one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give it a try:

The Langostino.