Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Official MNF Football Broncos vs. Jesus + The Titans

[ QUOTE ]
And seriously, [censored] all the VY haters. Please watch the last 5 minutes of the USC game again.

[/ QUOTE ]
was that vince young stopping lendale on that 4th and 2?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:14 PM

... why did they go for it on 4th and 2? VY probably had nothing to do with it.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to make to make fun of the VY super-backers as much as the next guy, but, to be fair, he did have a very good game tonight. Yes, the opposing defense wasn't good and he had a few boneheaded plays, but he wasn't getting a good performance out of the other 10 guys and the offense still moved well all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. He is one of the best examples in the league of a QB whose performance is LEAST correlated with team success. He has to be close to or the most trivial QB in the NFL.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... why did they go for it on 4th and 2? VY probably had nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that almost all players in the NFL, even the "crappy" ones, did well in college right?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:25 PM

Of course I do, but "well" is not even close to appropriate to describe VY's play in college. More like "the greatest college football player ever" as Lee Corso put it.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM

I'd like to see "VY" on the Colts when the team is healthy.

They would have won 4 rings by now. if vince was older.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I do, but "well" is not even close to appropriate to describe VY's play in college. More like "the greatest college football player ever" as Lee Corso put it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same guy who said Todd Boeckman should be a Heisman Candidate, right?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he was pretty damn good, but if he pulls a hammy in the first quarter of the USC game he doesnt ever get called that by anyone ever for the rest of eternity. Even if it is still true. He played one of the greatest games ever on the biggest possible stage, and he won a bunch of the media over apparently and now they just flat out refuse to acknowledge how god-awful he is right now in the NFL.

Apparently sort of like you.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he was pretty damn good, but if he pulls a hammy in the first quarter of the USC game he doesnt ever get called that by anyone ever for the rest of eternity. Even if it is still true. He played one of the greatest games ever on the biggest possible stage, and he won a bunch of the media over apparently and now they just flat out refuse to acknowledge how god-awful he is right now in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]
its not only the media. there have been so many big names that either jumped or fell in the draft based it seemed solely on how their team did in their bowl
Old 11-20-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bowl game was just the icing on the cake. He only lost 2 games at UT as a starter. I'm sure you didn't watch every game he started (like I did), but had you, trust me that your opinion of him would be different. And as for the NFL... I agree that he hasn't done much yet. In fact, I don't even think that he deserved to be the rookie of the year last season. He's been a poor passer for the most part, and his running ability has really hardly even shown. All that I am saying is that ONCE he settles in on offense and makes plays by instinct and instinct only, everyone is soooo doomed. Until then, yes he will struggle.