Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

While I don't play high limit I knew I recognized that screen name from the past but it took me a moment. So is this event worse than losing 20k to Jimmywins88? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BO
Old 10-23-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been a big presence on the High stakes heads up tables for well over 5 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to add that Sillysal was around in the days of the huge WSEX battles.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 PM

If you can answer the following questions, I might be able to give you some better insight into your account investigation and as to what they are actually examining right now.

How long have you played on Full Tilt?
Do you always play high stakes HU matches?
Did you recently make any credit card deposits?

Also, check your HH and see if there have been any new and erratic players that have recently lost a lot to you. You might be the victim of a chip dump and be completely unaware of it.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 PM

why don't you ever play 3 handed on wsex... it really weirds me out that when some1 interrupts your hu match with a giant giant fish you won't play 3handed... it honestly makes me wonder if you use some kind of program for hu play. I am not accusing you and sillysal on wsex is a good hu player but the fact you won't play 3 handed ever gives me weird vibes.
Anyways, regardless if you've done nothing wrong, it is ridiculous to have been locked out of your account with no explanation for this long.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may think you are defending FTP and other poker rooms, but in fact "don't blame the sites" is one of the most damning things you can say about FTP and online poker in general.

Saying FTP is 'not to blame' is another way of saying they aren't responsible. The same way a 4-year-old child is not responsible. As in FTP accepts $47000 bankrolls and then is not responsible for what happens next.

No one wants to trust significant sums of money to a business that isn't responsible. FTP suspended OP's account and FTP must be responsible for their actions. Otherwise they aren't a real business.

PS: Let me be clear that I have no opinion about OP's problem. I don't know why FTP suspended her account or why it is taking so long to resolve. I'm just tired of the 'dog-ate-my-homework' attitude constantly expressed by so many apologists for online poker. OP is the customer and FTP is the alleged responsible business holding her money. FTP needs to answer to her for its actions. It doesn't matter what her opponents did, what Gatorade said, how overworked their staff is, or anything else. FTP has frozen her money for a long time and they should have a legitimate reason. Otherwise they owe her an apology and compensation for all the trouble they caused her.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may think you are defending FTP and other poker rooms, but in fact "don't blame the sites" is one of the most damning things you can say about FTP and online poker in general.

Saying FTP is 'not to blame' is another way of saying they aren't responsible. The same way a 4-year-old child is not responsible. As in FTP accepts $47000 bankrolls and then is not responsible for what happens next.

No one wants to trust significant sums of money to a business that isn't responsible. FTP suspended OP's account and FTP must be responsible for their actions. Otherwise they aren't a real business.

PS: Let me be clear that I have no opinion about OP's problem. I don't know why FTP suspended her account or why it is taking so long to resolve. I'm just tired of the 'dog-ate-my-homework' attitude constantly expressed by so many apologists for online poker. OP is the customer and FTP is the alleged responsible business holding her money. FTP needs to answer to her for its actions. It doesn't matter what her opponents did, what Gatorade said, how overworked their staff is, or anything else. FTP has frozen her money for a long time and they should have a legitimate reason. Otherwise they owe her an apology and compensation for all the trouble they caused her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. 11 days to investigate an account(s) is just too long and based on OP's regards for the lack of communication by FT, this just represents bad customer service. Sites have an obligation to ensure that players feel safe with leaving and putting money on the site.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is saying FTP is not responsible but 11 days simply isn't a long period of time. Plenty of real businesses take much longer then that to investigate possible fraud. Do you think an insurance company that suspects a claim of fraud would finish an investigation in 11 days?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is saying FTP is not responsible but 11 days simply isn't a long period of time. Plenty of real businesses take much longer then that to investigate possible fraud. Do you think an insurance company that suspects a claim of fraud would finish an investigation in 11 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

True to some extent, but a player like OP who has stated that she has a long history of playing poker on FT for a good period of time deserves better service than this.

If you are a VIP on Stars, have Supernova status with about 1 billion FPPs, and a nice 5 digit bankroll kept there would it really be a good decision to lock this player out for 11+ days? It's not only bad service but ultimately a horrible business decision. You could lose the player and possibly more players if they no longer trust you with their money.

PS: If anyone has any other questions regarding CS issues, please post in this thread. Thanks

Questions about online poker site customer service?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Henry - these complaints come up at FT all the time.
They almost never come up at Stars.
Is it because Stars never investigates their players?
Or is it because when Stars sees a situation they actually communicate with the players and work hard to resolve the situation quickly due partly to realizing that they are being paid to do exactly that and also due to realizing that their customers who keep $47k on there deserve quick resolution.

FT can keep the player informed of what's happening. And if they have questions about a transfer or about a specific session they played or an accusation someone made against them you would THINK they would WANT to communicate with the player to actually get their explanation as to why such-and-such happened.

Again, this failure to communicate from a business that is holding $47k of money that is NOT THEIRS is completely inexcuseable.
Not that it would be appropriate if they were just holding $24.60 either...but with $47k on the line they should extra-aware that freezing it for that long can put an unnecessary burden on their customer.

It should also be noted that on previous occasions FT has given the "just be patient" line when actually being so kind as to respond to the e-mails they receive....then they say nothing...then they say, "we're taking all your money for inappropriate activities" or whatever and the customer STILL doesn't have any clue what it was they supposedly did.

I have no doubt that some of the people whose funds are frozen on FT are total scammers and CC-fraudsters, etc.
But it seems their system has too much potential to be an unnecessarily signfiicant burden on their completely innocent customers as may have been the case here.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I don't play high limit I knew I recognized that screen name from the past but it took me a moment. So is this event worse than losing 20k to Jimmywins88? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Well, while that was just plain insulting and humiliating, this on the other hand is quite different. I have read the posts where they say "if you've done nothing wrong, then you shouldn't worry". that my friends is the whole problem. I've done nothing wrong, and yet they still have frozen my account, given me NO Explanation and have not even bothered to send me an e mail for 4 days now. hence this post. There will always be those who won't believe this but there will be a fair amount of you , especially those who know me , who will. It is not right that at any time a site can freeze your account, give you no reason why, and comminucate with you minimally.