Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 PM

Default 25 NL... top 2 facing river shove

villain seems fairly straightforward... however has open shoved a couple times (yes i know that isnt very straightforward)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($35.10)
Hero ($39.95)
CO ($39.90)
Button ($26.15)
SB ($19.15)
BB ($14.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Turn: ($9.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($9.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $21.65</font>, Hero cant fold right?

im playing LAGish raising with suited connectors and most decent hands with position...

i was going for check raise AI on turn and 5$ bet on river was meant as a value bet for AK/Q/J/9 etc
Old 11-25-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: 25 NL... top 2 facing river shove

Villain's play sure is consistent with QJ, so that river raise puts you in an aggravating spot. (Also, hands like A7 and 87 can't be ruled out.)

I call, I guess, hoping for T8 or A8 or KJ or something. But I'm expecting to lose.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:18 PM

should i 3 bet the flop?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should i 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be my default play, and if the table views you as LAG like you suggest, then it seems that that would just strengthen the play (since Villain may think you're posturing but in fact you have the goods).
Old 11-25-2007, 08:25 PM

Raise the flop, realistically speaking only 99 and possibly 10's beats us (10's and AA raises pf, i think)

REAALLY don't like the turn check. It's a brick, so if he has a draw and you bet big, you're likely to take it down here. His min raise suggests a draw. When you check, he assumes that he got a free card, so he's probably going to take it.

River is meh. any 7 has us crushed (78, 77), JQ has outdrawn us. We're getting a little better than 2:1 on our money. Are we good better than 1 in 3 times here? I suppose so, so I'll call (expecting to lose &gt;50%)
Old 11-25-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
should i 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be my default play, and if the table views you as LAG like you suggest, then it seems that that would just strengthen the play (since Villain may think you're posturing but in fact you have the goods).

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good point... the reason i didnt is also for the same reason- i thought he would bet most aces assuming my weak-looking flop play was Ax suited.

the thing that made the hand most difficult for me was his turn check behind, obv an easy shove when he checks i became lost.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop, realistically speaking only 99 and possibly 10's beats us (10's and AA raises pf, i think)

REAALLY don't like the turn check. It's a brick, so if he has a draw and you bet big, you're likely to take it down here. His min raise suggests a draw. When you check, he assumes that he got a free card, so he's probably going to take it.

River is meh. any 7 has us crushed (78, 77), JQ has outdrawn us. We're getting a little better than 2:1 on our money. Are we good better than 1 in 3 times here? I suppose so, so I'll call (expecting to lose &gt;50%)

[/ QUOTE ]

all good points also. i checked the turn hoping he would bet his weaker hand... ie i didnt want to take the pot down yet as i thought i was well ahead. at this point i put villain on AK/Q/J/9 like i said in OP, and i thought he would bet these hands thinking I was the one on the draw