Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: 50NL All-in pf w/QQ 200BB

This is definitely spew with no read.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 AM

This would have to be about the third in a series of machine gun all-ins for me to think about calling. I have been burned with this several times for ~100 BB.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Okay, here were my thoughts.

We had both been playing on this table for a while so I had a pretty good feel for how he played. He had 3bet me pf a few times previous and had never done anything like this before. Also, when he had a big hand he liked to slowplay (checking a flopped set to the river for example) but was otherwise somewhat aggressive. I had been pretty aggro and raising quite a bit so I don't think he gave me credit for having a big hand here, especially 4handed.

The thing that tipped me towards calling is the short stack cold caller on the button. At first I thought this was an easy fold but once I thought about it I figured this was very unlikely to be AA/KK since he would just make a standard raise to try and keep me in the pot. Why woud he try and blow me out with a premium hand? I figured worst case I flipping against AK but again I figured that was unlikely. Most likely he was doing this with a good but not great hand in order to get heads up w/the shortstack.

Now, having thought about it a bit more and taking into consideration that this could have been a misclick I think it's a fold. However I don’t think this was an easy fold all things considered.

Tl;dr he had JJ and I doubled up. Maybe I'm results oriented in thinking this wasn't too bad of a play (most likely the case as I can be a lagtard at times) but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 PM

i dont mind the call. usually though, i would make a funny face/hand gesture in the vein of 'f** it' and wait for a better spot.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, here were my thoughts.

We had both been playing on this table for a while so I had a pretty good feel for how he played. He had 3bet me pf a few times previous and had never done anything like this before. Also, when he had a big hand he liked to slowplay (checking a flopped set to the river for example) but was otherwise somewhat aggressive. I had been pretty aggro and raising quite a bit so I don't think he gave me credit for having a big hand here, especially 4handed.

The thing that tipped me towards calling is the short stack cold caller on the button. At first I thought this was an easy fold but once I thought about it I figured this was very unlikely to be AA/KK since he would just make a standard raise to try and keep me in the pot. Why woud he try and blow me out with a premium hand? I figured worst case I flipping against AK but again I figured that was unlikely. Most likely he was doing this with a good but not great hand in order to get heads up w/the shortstack.

Now, having thought about it a bit more and taking into consideration that this could have been a misclick I think it's a fold. However I don’t think this was an easy fold all things considered.

Tl;dr he had JJ and I doubled up. Maybe I'm results oriented in thinking this wasn't too bad of a play (most likely the case as I can be a lagtard at times) but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone saying it is a fold is saying readless. Since you have a very clear read on villain, you should go with it. turns out you were right

nh
Old 10-23-2007, 01:50 PM

With AK this would be tough, but QQ is in really bad shape alot of the time.

His line is a bit strange, but i see alot of guy with 200BB shoving AA instantly as they dont want to have to play post flop so deep.

I fold 95%, i call if villan was absolutely crazy and has been shoving any two 3/4 times in a row or randomly to raises.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With AK this would be tough, but QQ is in really bad shape alot of the time.

His line is a bit strange, but i see alot of guy with 200BB shoving AA instantly as they dont want to have to play post flop so deep.

I fold 95%, i call if villan was absolutely crazy and has been shoving any two 3/4 times in a row or randomly to raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a pretty thin play however this guy just didn't seem like the type to shove w/AA pf. It just felt soo unlikely based on how he had been playing, especially w/the table dynamics the way they were. He wouldn't want to push me off a hand and he had to figure I'm only calling with KK+ which was unlikely as I'd been raising a lot pf.

Again this was reeealy thin and I'm not sure I'd do it again... I actually typed "gambooool" in the chat before calling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:20 PM

IMO this is not how you make money from QQ. That is to say, you make QQ pay by getting people to put money in bad pre, and then getting them to put money in bad again post when they hit something or are drawing or overvalue their pp or whatever.

So, in this spot, I say I "only" have QQ and how +EV can calling ever be? Not very IMO, so I have no problem letting it go (or, perhaps I should say, I am delighted to let it go).

Fwiw, I think OP's specific read as laid out in his 2nd post kinda makes sense and fair play to OP for getting it right. But I still don't like it.