Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

Congrats, you were invited to one of the biggest cash games I've heard of.

You have a roll to play. I'm sure these characters will accomodate you, sooner or later!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a strongly differing view that we should bury the wankers (loudmouths etc) if we want to get mainstream advertisers to PAY for players to play....

even NASCAR is fully funded by industry and their main "guys" come across quite well, versus our beloved poker industry where we see Humberto, Mrs Laak Tilly, Mouth, Sooky girl Hellmouth etc with zero class, zero style as the main proponents.......guys that have a brain and intelligence like van Alstyne etc are pushed into the background.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just "wankers" is fine by me :-). I'm not sure if we'll ever be paid to play ; we're on the downslope now IMO and we're still paying rake to play in the WSOP main event. What's clear to me is that the "characters", no you're right wankers is better, certainly haven't brought anything to us, the people who have to sit there and take it while Hellmuth slows the game down to a crawl or Humberto waves a stuffed toy in our face while we're trying to think.

Humberto's a great example. I played against him 5 or 6 years ago and he was a really nice guy, respectful, fun to have on the table and a decent (if not exceptional) player. Now by all accounts he's acting like a complete clown. And what happens ? He gets a spot in the NBC Heads up.

I know it's the way of the world and we can't do much about it but what I am going to do is to keep ridiculing these wankers on forums like this, and if I get any crap from these guys in Vegas this summer they're going to get some back. If the fanboys don't like it they can take a break from kissing Hellmuth's ass and kiss mine.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:20 AM

sup jman
to be on tv u must be more then good. i played w/u last year at the series, and i wasnt too impressed w/ur ability, but its probably because i just didnt understand the greatness (or maybe u're a donk who cant play tourneys). however, by beating highest limits on the net u're probably good enough for tv. however, since the tv audience doesnt know who the hell u are, u have to do 2 things: a)win a bracelet this summer and b)start looking good (not that u look bad, but i'm sayin, look at evelyn ng, producers love her, if u're pleasant to look at, ur chances increase). u seem good, so being a regulear on GSN is just a matter of time.
damn man, quiet a roll u got there. i hear u play over ur bankroll, so i guess u're at around a milsky or two. not crazy but very very respectable. teach me? i registered and overslept the tourney, and too lazy to change the avaltar back from jman.
keep doing what u doing. diesel
p.s. i'd order a pay-per-view of online best vs live best, uncut, but i dont know if general tv audience would appreciate it.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:25 AM

Am i the only one who thinks Jman could be related to Gabe in the Kotter pic?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sup jman
to be on tv u must be more then good. i played w/u last year at the series, and i wasnt too impressed w/ur ability, but its probably because i just didnt understand the greatness (or maybe u're a donk who cant play tourneys). however, by beating highest limits on the net u're probably good enough for tv. however, since the tv audience doesnt know who the hell u are, u have to do 2 things: a)win a bracelet this summer and b)start looking good (not that u look bad, but i'm sayin, look at evelyn ng, producers love her, if u're pleasant to look at, ur chances increase). u seem good, so being a regulear on GSN is just a matter of time.
damn man, quiet a roll u got there. i hear u play over ur bankroll, so i guess u're at around a milsky or two. not crazy but very very respectable. teach me? i registered and overslept the tourney, and too lazy to change the avaltar back from jman.
p.s. i'd order a pay-per-view of online best vs live best, uncut, but i dont know if general tv audience would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

UPP, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sup jman

[/ QUOTE ]

UPP, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

FACE!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:03 PM

UPP,

Best NVG response ever.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UPP,

Best NVG response ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

easily.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:36 PM

diesel!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UPP,

Best NVG response ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

easily Diesel.

[/ QUOTE ]