Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: 50NL KK

The turn check to induce a river bluff/stab is not bad, although I like to bet these hands on all streets. If you would've bet the turn for 9 or 10, it would've made your river decision easier I think. The way it's played you don't know whether he has AQ or AJ. Think AJ would've folded to the turn bet.

If you don't bet the turn, I'd also go for just calling his riverbet. But I'm going for AQ here on villain.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I checked this turn because T9 just got there and he could very likely bluff raise me out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Milky, this is a paranoia I fall into also, but I think it is wrong. I agree the board is starting to look nasty and that T9 and QJ have got there, but those hands are a smaller part of his range than other draws and other worse made hands. So I bet again for value/protection.

In addition, normal villains do NOT in my experience bluff c/r in this spot. Maybe mini-Aba's do on their way to playing 5/10 by Christmas, but it's really not the norm and I would hardly ever consider it a possibility here (unless he's a proven maniac/genius). So if the DOES c/r, I'd consider it a value line and not a bluff line and would think about folding.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I was thinking he might have something like AQ/AJ and wouldn't pay off 3 streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I think there are only 2 sts of value, and I'm not sure which one to bet, I'll bet the turn (on this board anyway) because I get more bang for my buck: not only value, but also protection. On the river, there is only value.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:50 AM

grunch ldo.

i can only put him on 77 and possibly QJ and T9 if he calls those pre. maybe KQ and KJ if he takes this line with those.

i definately like checking turn, and i almost like a river fold, but i can't do it.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 AM

hmm it seems like i give this guy a tighter range than everyone else. don't AJ+,KJ+ raise pre mostly even OOP? what draws can he have that have missed?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm it seems like i give this guy a tighter range than everyone else. don't AJ+,KJ+ raise pre mostly even OOP? what draws can he have that have missed?

[/ QUOTE ]

KT but I don't see him calling my raise pf with it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 PM

I bet the turn almost always here, and possibly the river too if he checks us to it. He may very well be valuebetting AQ/KQ or bluffing with KT on the river here since your hand looks like air.

Basically I'd keep betting until villain tells us we're beat (c/r turn, or leading river strong).