Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
Hey -- long time listener, first time caller (on the AP subject at least).

If I may digress from the digging and speculation for a sec... I've spent the day looking through a bazillion posts and I haven't seen this question addressed (sorry if I've missed it):

Supposedly, POTRIPPER folded his first couple hands before the 363 observer entered the table... and that's when he started the suspicious activities. But in the PXF replay, we see POTRIPPER winning right from the start.

Why the discrepancy?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like the replay on PXF doesn't begin from the very beginning. You can see that some players have slightly more or less than 10,000 chips. I suspect that precisely the first two hands are missing.

Would have been better to include all (available) hands IMO, but no biggie...
Old 10-17-2007, 04:20 PM

over/under # of days it takes for this story to be picked up by a major news outlet
Old 10-17-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does blowing this story up help online poker in anyway?
The fallout from this is way bigger than any upside I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]
regulate
The cat is out of the bag. We are not risking the health of online poker by getting the word out, those who abused their positions in the industry for a quick and amoral profit did so already.
What matters most is the long term health of online poker. I think and most in here agree that getting the information out there with a rational interpretation of the facts will provide short term pain but in the long run is the most +EV (or perhaps least -EV) play. It might end up causing the US to regulate the industry and thus making it more mainstream.

IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I don't trust the US govt to regulate anything the right way. I understand why everyone thinks this can help online gambling but knee jerk reactions from the US govt seem to last a lot longer than expected.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:21 PM

I don't have access to update it, but adanthar has updated the OP a couple of times now, so for anyone who doesn't want to read through the thread, the OP will hopefully stay pretty up to date.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over/under # of days it takes for this story to be picked up by a major news outlet

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure a few of the whistle-blowers are already in contact with "60 Minutes".
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey -- long time listener, first time caller (on the AP subject at least).

If I may digress from the digging and speculation for a sec... I've spent the day looking through a bazillion posts and I haven't seen this question addressed (sorry if I've missed it):

Supposedly, POTRIPPER folded his first couple hands before the 363 observer entered the table... and that's when he started the suspicious activities. But in the PXF replay, we see POTRIPPER winning right from the start.

Why the discrepancy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without knowing for sure I'm going to guess the replay starts with the hand the observer is in the room for.
Okay here... imagine him folding twice.
Now watch the replay again.

At 2am Today I Posted The Following

[ QUOTE ]
I hardly think that their reputation has reached the point of no return, as far as poker sites go at least. Other companies such as tylenol and chrysler have gone through far worse. AP simply needs to find a scapegoat, do a 180 on their stance for a while, offer some bonuses, and start counting their profits again.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 9:40am Dewitt Posted

[ QUOTE ]
If I ran Absolute Poker, I would take a lesson from past corporate attempts at cover ups, sacrifice the cheaters, and institute safeguards to prevent this ever happening again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] is plagiarizing my material.

I got some interesting economic ideas for stories bro, just hit me up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does blowing this story up help online poker in anyway?
The fallout from this is way bigger than any upside I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]
regulate
The cat is out of the bag. We are not risking the health of online poker by getting the word out, those who abused their positions in the industry for a quick and amoral profit did so already.
What matters most is the long term health of online poker. I think and most in here agree that getting the information out there with a rational interpretation of the facts will provide short term pain but in the long run is the most +EV (or perhaps least -EV) play. It might end up causing the US to regulate the industry and thus making it more mainstream.

IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I don't trust the US govt to regulate anything the right way. I understand why everyone thinks this can help online gambling but knee jerk reactions from the US govt seem to last a lot longer than expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. But at this point, trying to hide this under the rug and then having it exposed by 'fear mongers' is the only other alternative.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Wow, this is exciting. This article is getting dugg so fast that it will be number one in many categories (24 hrs., 1 week, etc.). Prepare for the surge of traffic 2+2, digg is known to bring servers to their knees.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM

The article from the NYtimes is now on the front page on digg. Since his article also links to these forums, lets hope that one gets more diggs.
Closed Thread