Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 PM

Default 10NL TPTK facing resistance

New to table so no reads

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.85
<u>BB: $11.75</u>
UTG: $10.00
<u>Hero (BTN): $12.60</u>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.30</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.40</font>, Hero...
Old 09-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: 10NL TPTK facing resistance

Fold.

I dont like the big reraise on the flop with this hand and no read. 1/2 to 1/3rd of the pot would probably get him to fold or just call if he has anything less than 2 pair. It would keep the pot smaller too, so you can fold easier to the reraise, or just call if you want to see what villian does on the turn out of position.

As it was played if you call that 2.40 raise you are pretty much commited with one pair.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 AM

i like your reraise actually, but i think we have to fold here. small raise from BB looks like he wants you in the pot
Old 09-12-2007, 12:42 AM

Blech, readless I guess I fold, but this sure seems like a donkish way to play a set. I think we're folding to KJ/QJ a lot here.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

I dont like the big reraise on the flop with this hand and no read. 1/2 to 1/3rd of the pot would probably get him to fold or just call if he has anything less than 2 pair. It would keep the pot smaller too, so you can fold easier to the reraise, or just call if you want to see what villian does on the turn out of position.

As it was played if you call that 2.40 raise you are pretty much commited with one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

A smaller raise on the flop is no good. He's calling with most all hands he bet with, and I don't gain much info.

I think I should have folded to his 3bet though...
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM

FWIW we got it all-in on the flop and he had a set of 8s... I really need to learn to let go of these kinds of hands, since it's fairly obvious I'm beat (unless I'm against an uberdonk or something who will felt this w/JT).