Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Play though a hand with me here....

I get a straw and a spoon and start eating the tea-dude's barf off the floor. If that doesn't get everyone to run away from the table and muck their hands, they must have a good hand, and I can check/fold. Otherwise, they all have crappy hands and I'll win the pot uncontested.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM

every time i see this thread bumped i cringe. pretty sure timex wasnt even born when it was started.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 AM

HAAHAHA I just read this for the first time and I assumed it`d be done by page 15. Guess not! btw Check. Why bet when you`re sure you`l lget pushed out by a re-raise. If the UTG checks the river and you missed bet anyways because he`d definitely bet the river for value if he wasn`t an idiot.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be posting this hand in steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

My own contributions make me confused, as I wasn't getting high then.

Jeez. The vomit must be fossilized by now. You're gonna need an icepick there, seke.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAAHAHA I just read this for the first time and I assumed it`d be done by page 15. Guess not! btw Check. Why bet when you`re sure you`l lget pushed out by a re-raise. If the UTG checks the river and you missed bet anyways because he`d definitely bet the river for value if he wasn`t an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that the river has been posted, right?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
every time i see this thread bumped i cringe. pretty sure timex wasnt even born when it was started.

[/ QUOTE ]

timex?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM

Poisoning the most dangerous players tea was a killer idea, one I intend to implement into my general gameplan in live small-medium stakes MTTīs.

I agree with the preflop call and your postflop play this far, however I give it up on the river.

Because I have never played a high stakes MTT, my opinion is kinda irrelevant, just wanted to contribute to this truly awesome thread.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Wow, I want to thank nath for bumping this thread. I haven't seen this thread before, but now that I have, I feel my game has improved about 3x. I really appreciate it, all. Btw, I hadn't even heard about poker when this thread started.

Oh, I give up the river probably.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:24 AM

LOL....I definitely didn't poison any tea.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:51 AM

I suppose Ill take a serious crack at this thread although I feel like its a long extended joke and assani will jump out of my closet and say I been punked.

Pre I dont mind the call especially live where you likely have a much better feel for your opponents tendencies and can exploit them more easily than multitabling online.

flop Check seems like the best play by far. With the LP playre being the only left to act and the fact that you have labeled him weak tight, it seems that two good things can happen. 1.he checks behind and you get a chance to pick up a big draw on the turn. 2. He bets, everyone folds and you are presented a very good oppurtunity to bluff. Given your description of him, he would have reraised pre with QQ+ and maybe TT,JJ. He also is very likely to fold to your check raise on the turn with one pair such as AJ because he is a player that sees monsters and will decide you have an overpair or a set, he cant put you on a draw as there are no real draws on the board. He wont have two pair here given that those combinations are not hands that he would call pre with. This leaves your play working everytime unless he has 22, 77, or JJ, which overall is pretty unlikely. All this equals a profitable bluff oppurtunity.

Turn Seems like a terrible spot to bet. Just check and pray LP checks behind so you get a chance to hit that gutterball.

River game over, the pot isnt yours to win. Given the action a bet here will get called pretty light. For example UTG easily could have KK here. Betting here is spewwwww.