Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Some comments about the WCOOP structures

Numbers are up for the WCOOP from last year.

The players who are actually making the final tables aren't complaining (and this is who it's affecting most).

I couldn't care less if it's one or two days but from what I've read so far there isn't a strong push one way or the other. There are obviously advantages and disadvantages to both ways. Unless Stars is thinking about making the structure even better and having this thing last 30 hours and splitting it into two 15 hour days I really don't see a need to stretch it out to 2 days.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:49 PM

I think number of people who decide not to play would be negligible. Most people will register saying, "it is pretty unlikely that I will make it to day 2, and if I do I can call in sick or take a vacation day because it will be worth it".
Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM

The single most important thing for a 2-day event (from a registration point of view) is that it should be clear that anyone who survives to day 2 will be guaranteed a 5+ figure payout.

This would be aided if pokerstars would put up a tentative prize structure based on the current enrollment.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who have jobs, etc on Monday are going to be significantly less likely to look in the lobby and say to themselves "Hey, look a 2 day event, sweet! Let's register!" They're more likely to peek into the lobby and say "crap, 2 day event, can't play, gotta go to work tomorrow."

[/ QUOTE ]

But they won't be thinking, "crap, this'll take 20 hours to play out. I won't be able to go to work tomorrow"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, why don't people get this? How does a single day event make it easier for some one to go to work next day? If it is two day event, I believe same number of people play, and those make it to the second day can sleep call work and take a break. It's actually difficult to go to work after you played till 6AM and busted in a single day event.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To this point, we have not yet received any negative feedback regarding event length from those who have been most-impacted by the length -- those who have been playing at the five final tables held to this point. For that matter, there hasn't been any negative feedback from those at the final three tables of any event of which I'm aware.

Having said all of the above, we will of course continue to review feedback as we do at all times. Our goal in everything we do is to give our players the best experience possible. We accomplish that goal by making sure we're listening to what our players are telling us, as this forum is well-aware. The second-highest attended WCOOP event ever (this year's Event #1) came about in large measure because of feedback from this forum. In short, we are definitely listening, and we will continue to do so as we review all possibilities.

All the best,

Bryan S.
Tournaments Administrator
PokerSTars Poker Room Management Team

[/ QUOTE ]

i was watching the replay of the 6-max 215 and during the break, one of them complained about it
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 PM

I've played 1 wcoop event and when I woke up the next day it wasnt even at the FT. I was really looking forward to the 500/1ks and 2500 but not so much anymore. They need to be split into 2 days if they go longer than 12-15 hours
Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 PM

I'm gonna say I love the WCOOP exactly how it is right now and hope they keep it the same for next year.

I would be in favor of a 2 day ME if they try to make it so both days go a full 15 hours giving it the most ridiculous structure ever.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure this kind of structure is good for better players, try to find on event #5 someone on FT with significant result .... none

[/ QUOTE ]
Irrelevant. Most pros doesnt play donkaments, but in big juicy tournaments like WCOOP with great stucture there's a lot of equity. At least the 2 final playes were full time pros. I've got records on 25/50 of AB_Illusive.

20 hours isnt that much. In live tournaments they play 15-16 hours and a final table can take 20h+

Starting on a Saturday would leave out a lot of players. The bad players and majority will rather play on Sunday and not thinking about work monday having no idea it will last 20 hours.

There's basically one tournament a year on PS that will play that long. The main event will have a much smaller field.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:06 PM

How about this for an idea:

Don't call it a 2 day event, but just bury a 6 to 8 hour break after 16 to 20 hours in the "Tournament Info".
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM

no poker player sleeps 6-8 hours