Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: AA on 922 Board

It's a push, you are basically only behind to 2 hands here. For anyone to raise that big with 99 he is either dumb or trying to out level you. 2x is ok with that amount of raise I guess. However, since a flush draw is there, 3 bet AI is the best play under these circumstances. I don't mind call and CRAI on turn when a blank falls
Old 10-13-2007, 03:24 PM

there is only 99 beating you here. i would push
Old 10-13-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when you shove I just don't think he's calling with an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RRY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he's 15/12 so I feel like he maybe raising the flop w/ TT or JJ "seeing where he's at" and will talk himself into folding if we push because he puts us on AA or KK now. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe these guys will be more than happy to get it in here with any overpair.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I like call flop and lead turn because he's checking behind the turn a ton here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imrahil- what's the advantage of this over 3betting on the flop. do you think his calling range on the turn will be wider?

I'm asking because i haven't incorporated this line into my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wouldn't expect an overpair to call flop and lead turn so he may be more willing to call us down because our line doesn't look very strong.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:07 PM

Wow at some thought processes here.

Basically, you have the nuts, but you are vulnerable if villain has a draw. He's also not folding an overpair very often. Not all 15/12s would raise an overpair here, but the ones that do are doing it with the intention of fist-pump calling if you push.

And let's not discount how often he's "trapping" with KK because you raise pre-flop so much.

How is this not the easiest insta-push ever?

Oh, and btw, this:

[ QUOTE ]

He wouldn't expect an overpair to call flop and lead turn so he may be more willing to call us down because our line doesn't look very strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

is lol because calling and donking the turn looks monstrously strong. Name some weak hands you'd do this with on this board.

And 1/4th of the time the turn is a heart or a 9, and then donking the turn makes your hand a bluff. Or it could be a Q/K and scare his JJ. Etc.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Get it in. You're crushed by 99, that's it. And he'll call with worse than that. If he has 99, good for him.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow at some thought processes here.

Basically, you have the nuts, but you are vulnerable if villain has a draw. He's also not folding an overpair very often. Not all 15/12s would raise an overpair here, but the ones that do are doing it with the intention of fist-pump calling if you push.

And let's not discount how often he's "trapping" with KK because you raise pre-flop so much.

How is this not the easiest insta-push ever?

Oh, and btw, this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is lol because calling and donking the turn looks monstrously strong. Name some weak hands you'd do this with on this board.

And 1/4th of the time the turn is a heart or a 9, and then donking the turn makes your hand a bluff. Or it could be a Q/K and scare his JJ. Etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm a guy raising this flop with an overpair doesn't understand wtf we're doing when we bet the turn so he calls or shoves his overpair. And he's not putting us on a range on the turn. He may just think we have a 9 or 88 or some other [censored]. There's no way that he's more willing to stack off on the flop if we shove than if we call and bet the turn. But if this guys going to fist pump call flop shove then sure, shoving is awesome.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Actually, I don't think this guy has an overpair a lot here. And based on his raise size it feels like he may have a FD + overs, something like K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].