Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 3 commerce hands

maybe this doesn't matter but in hand 2 do you have Qc?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:38 PM

IMO it definitely matters and I was wondering the same thing..
Old 03-04-2007, 02:39 PM

also, not sure if this is way off, but in hand one if hes the BB (or maybe even sb) can he have 56s (busted str8, no clubs) a lot of the time? or rather, enough to make this call easily profitable combined with the fact this is a typical donk bet, and normally means flush but could easily be a strange block bet as well.

also immediatly upon lookin at hand 3 i liked it. but not as a bluff at all, so liek strassa said, if thats what people think it is maybe im crazy.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM

Jason,
In hand 1, how often do you think he's peeling the flop with overcards? If that is possible, it seems that he might have a good K and wants to get value on the river, and doesn't want you to chk behind. Another possibility is a small/med pair calling for value on flop and turn that turned into a bluff on the river.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM

1) meh really close, raising, calling, and folding are all ok, but im more prone to raise a 2k bet than a 1400 bet. I think i probably call slightly more than i fold w/ given info.

2) I call turn and call most rivs w/ reads u gave... gene likes to 2 barrell in these spots imo, altho your obviously going to be shown a flush quite a bit. I really xpet to see Jt 1 or no clubs here a ton.

3) i like this kindve thing lot more online (where people realise that tt should be the same as 22). I still dont mind it but i think it might be a little too thin to do regularly (vgood occasionally though for metagame etc)
Old 03-04-2007, 05:42 PM

I call one, i guess call two to reevalutate (folding to a blank river bet from him after thinking for a while and checking), and I like the way you played hand three.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 PM

I think hand 1 and 3 have been discussed thoroughly so hand 2 deserves a little bit more thought. I think checking the turn is fine here although I'd prefer betting out again. As played, I would check-raise the turn and assuming other player folds, push any non-club river. I think it's very clear Gene doesn't have the nut flush here (I don't see him limping Button with Kxcc, he'd be raising KJc KTc etc) and he'll have a tough time calling a c/r and a push without the nuts. He's also the type who's willing to part with medium flushes, which gives this line a high success rate. Of course, this line is based on the assumption that you don't have the Qc in this hand because I think you would have mentioned it if you did.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:17 AM

Really tired and probably shouldn't be posting, but here goes anyway:

1) I don't like raising here for value even with your image (provided you've been at the table more than 15 minutes), and raising as a bluff for the same reason, so I'd just call. A non-pro is just too unlikely to call with a hand you beat and fold a better.

2) With the info given on the player, I can maybe find a fold there?.. If I'm calling it's partially hoping the board pairs on the river so I can bluff it (barring the obvious). If river bricks, check-fold looks good.

3) Fold pre-flop, holy [censored]! There is such a thing as some very basic fundamentals to poker, and ignoring them in bunches long enough causes nasty things like "downswings" and "hemorrhaging of money."

Having gotten that off my chest, river is probably a check. He'll figure you're putting him on missed clubs and be extremely hesitant to bet worse hands there, so either you get a free showdown, or check-fold and save money.

It was fun playing (and 3-betting 87o pf with [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) you, good luck in the future.

Kirk
Old 03-05-2007, 05:27 AM

Im confused, completing in the SB with K6o is a leak?
Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 AM

i think you should call the turn in hand 2. im guessing shaky hands mean that hes betting a hand that he realizes he shouldnt, but hes already in the act of betting so he doesnt stop. i really doubt todd is gonna get shaky hands from making a flush in a 20/40 game. if anything, hes probably just giving you a reverse tell.