Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: semideep, middle set facing flopraise

Pete,

You do realise that you are casually arguing my point for me.

gl

bdd
Old 09-12-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that doesn't mean it isn't important to think about whether a strategy you employ is so weak that someone who decides to check-raise you out of the blinds every time you c-bet the flop will be doing so profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the question being posed had been 'this guy has been active and has c/r my cont bets on 3-4 occasions' then its obviously a no brainer, but in this example the guy hadnt been out of line and seemed a decent player - in this situation if i have 100 hands or so on someone and they make a move on me like this ill give them credit and fold, but if it happens again i would play back with lighter values than we have here
Old 09-12-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, contrary to what Jbird said in his preamble, having played him myself, I would have said he was a tight player. Maybe the villain knew the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, this was the first day I had ever played with villian (at least this SN on this site anyway) as far as I know, so he should have no other information on me.

We had played probably 100 hands together or so, and I was getting hit with the deck so was probably around 44/30ish or so under those 100 hands.

So I'm not sure that we can use 'your' image of me as an argument in this particular hand.

That being said, villain was certianly a thinking player and had commented about "having Ribbo at the table" on another table.

P.S. -- SN please! It's SO unfair lol
Old 09-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Villan is semi loose agressive and capable of repotting any hand from TTP upwards

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $37.40
Button: $107.40
Hero: $87.50
BB: $98.32

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $16</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $56</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $97.32</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $34.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $6.82 returned to BB.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($185, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $185)

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($185, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $185)

Results:
Villan: shows T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Three of a kind, Tens, Nine high)
Hero: shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (A Straight, Ten high)
Hero collected $185 from Main pot

Piece o'cake!