Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Wpex Stole My Money

Really, you have impeccable credibility in running your operation?!?!?! What about your treatment of bobcards and erik123? You wonder why the big heads up action left your site?

There's a deeper story here to WPEX people.

[ QUOTE ]
I have contacted the player and given him email instructions. We will install his tools and if they are harmless tools that set off a false positive, we will free up all of his funds. Of course we will also apologize in public and in private. I am sure this will take a few days.

As of now, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

WSEX does not owe anyone a warning. You get your warning the day you sign up. If you are using bots, we will close your account. Same thing goes for collusion or dumping if we can prove it.

As I have said before, we offer a poker platform for people to play poker, not run automated strip-mining operations. If you want to data mine, electronically profile players, or use automated play, we are not the place for you, go away. If you want to enjoy a game of rake free poker, welcome. I don't think anyone who is just doing that will have any problems.

This is a business. This is not a democracy. This is not a court of law. We have been in this business for 11 years. Our reputation is impeccable. Our founders have gone to the mat for this industry year after year. We are known for always doing the right thing and quite often erring on the side of the player. If the player is ultimately not satisfied with our findings, he is free to take it to Antigua Gaming and we will respect their decision.

I will review our Terms and Conditions in the near future.

I think that covers everything for now.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Main point for WSEX GM :

If you want to ban someone from your site I think you have every right and you can do it for little or no reason, for the faintest glimmer of suspicion.

But to seize someone's funds I really think you need some sort of proof as well as some sort of dialogue process where the accused player can respond in case a mistake has been made.

I mean, fair is fair. If after you hear the accused player's side of the story you are still able to seize the funds, really it just uses up some of your technical support staff's time in exchange for more certainty and better customer service.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do, however, find nothing wrong with using PokerTracker, PokerOffice, or HUD's as long as the only data that is collected/used is from players with whom someone has been seated.

[/ QUOTE ]

This point and stance of WPEX has been stated that they do not want you to mine other players regardless if you played in the hand or not.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do, however, find nothing wrong with using PokerTracker, PokerOffice, or HUD's as long as the only data that is collected/used is from players with whom someone has been seated.

[/ QUOTE ]

This point and stance of WPEX has been stated that they do not want you to mine other players regardless if you played in the hand or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

they have been pretty clear about that. They talk names out of the hand histories to make it more diffucult for dataminers. SO if you play there, dont do it. Pretty simple if you ask me
Old 03-21-2007, 10:51 PM

I have replied as directed with the programs I use... I did not include PokerTracker since that's widely available and doesn't seem to be your concern - I do not run any utility like NameGrabber that mines names nor do I use any sort of HUD... I may have at one time downloaded NameGrabber onto my PC, but I opted against using it.

The hotkey program I use may be complex to setup initially, but I'm more than willing to walk anyone through it.

As for other people's responses... I denied using a "bot" once it was clear that's what was being accused - it wasn't clear to me when I wrote my OP. And if my attitude seems carefree, it's because I ultimately do agree Wpex owes no one anything - their site, their rules, their rakeback plus excellent promotional money... I would like to keep playing, though... Wednesday is almost over and I'm sure I'll see AA in my sleep tonight... withdrawal...
Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 PM

Fred,

Itīs nice that he send you the programs. But how can you be sure he sends ALL of the programs he uses? So he sends the hotkey program but not the bot program and goes away free
Old 03-21-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood, and I don't want to get off on a tangent and start an argument between those who like PT and those who don't. I just stated a couple things at the end so it would be known that I'm not on anyone's side (i.e. I don't use PT, but I'm cool with it within reason).
Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fred,

Itīs nice that he send you the programs. But how can you be sure he sends ALL of the programs he uses? So he sends the hotkey program but not the bot program and goes away free

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at it the other way, if the ahk script triggers the bot detection then wsex can't trust their detection software until they get it fixed. And if they can't trust their bot detection software then why are they asking for this guy's programs anyway?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fred,

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at it the other way, if the ahk script triggers the bot detection then wsex can't trust their detection software until they get it fixed. And if they can't trust their bot detection software then why are they asking for this guy's programs anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
because if it doesn't trigger there detection programs then they know DAC hasn't sent them whatever did.

(Plus if they learn of a fault with their bot detection they could fix it.)

chez
Old 03-21-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but there is a difference between making it difficult and making it an asset seizure offense. If wsex is gonna be that strict then I think they should at least inform the players.

I think the hardcare lhe players understand they could get kicked off wsex potentially for using a namegrabber hud thingy, but I'm not sure they know they can have all their funds taken.

Also if it is explicity stated that hud=seizure then I think hud use on wsex would drop to near zero.