Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Newbie hand walkthrough

OK, so I'm trying to diversify and learn some different games and so am totally brand new at omaha. I read the chapter in SS2 and browsed this forum a bit. I was hoping someone could take the time to walk through this pretty standard hand (that I likely played incorrectly) with me. I'm putting my thoughts during the hand below.

Preflop - pretty standard right? Obviously not as suited as I'd like but 4 big cards seems reasonably pretty.
Flop - Not exactly the flop I was hoping for, but I'm heads up and there's a decent chance this board is just as scary for my opponent, I'll throw out a cbet and see what happens. After he calls, I'm putting him on something like the non-nut flush, an overpair, a set - generally a weakish made hand.
Turn - Well, i'm solidly ahead of a lot of his possible hands now. I'd say my biggest worry is him holding a couple of rag clubs he's not going to give up, which is probably his most likely holding, statistically. I'd rather check behind here and hope to improve on the river for free. Also, he'll probably bet a fairly wide range on the river given the weakness I'm showing here.
River - didn't improve, but i'll follow through with my plan and call his river bet.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $0.55</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $1</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.35, 2 players)
UTG checks, hero checks.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1.5</font>, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $6.35