Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 08:27 PM

Default 100nl: OOP after PF squeeze - cbet this flop?

Villian is 26/17/1 over about 40 hands and has been solid so far.

When I got called, I put him on JJ+ or AK here - I hadn't squeezed enough to make him call with less I don't think, and with his stats, I think this is a fair range.

Question is, do we c-bet (planning to fold to a raise/push)? Or cf? Given the range I put him on, I thought cf was best here.

After he checks behind turn here and I pick up the draw, i think I make a mistake. I don't know what I'll do if he pushes over me here when I bet (probably fold), so betting here might be an error. Also, cc turn allows me to get value out of AK having a stab at the pot, and also allows me to control pot size a little.

Thoughts on thinking and actions?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($92)
Hero ($99.50)
UTG ($96)
MP ($160.90)
Button ($185.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $17</font>, UTG calls $13, Button folds.

Flop: ($38.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($38.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font> (???)
Old 01-31-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: 100nl: OOP after PF squeeze - cbet this flop?

plus you cooler the sh[censored]it out of him when he hits three jacks on the river.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 PM

Why check the flop? Looks awfully weak to me.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:43 PM

I mean, let him take a difficult decision. He can take a freecard now, lots of overcards can come on the turn and you still have no idea where you stand. I make a good bet on the flop to see where I stand.

Remember that you reraise preflop so you represent a big hand. Do you also check the flop if you have aces?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 PM

what was your plan if UTG had bet the flop? I think you would be in a pretty nasty spot with not much idea where you stood.

i much prefer bet/fold flop. If youre called im not putting in another cent, hoping it gets checked down.