Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:16 AM

Default A4s

Villain is 28/3/1 100+ hands

Hero Sb with: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3 limpers, hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, BB checks, Mp1 bets, Mp2 RAISES, Button calls, Hero 3BETS, Mp1 calls, Mp2 CAPS, everyone calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets or check raises ?

Because i check raise on the flop, to an observant player it might ring a bell i might be on a fd. But dunno how good this guy is, probably not that good based on his stats.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: A4s

what did BB do after u three banged the flop cos that action is missing? I assume fold

anyway I bet because we have at least MP stuck between us and the capper. betting hopefully leads to 3 betting...

edit: i kinda overlooked that button probably is still in the hand. either a CR or bet out is probably ok but i still bet
Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 AM

I assume BB folded on the flop?

Turn is 10.5BB with 4 players. I'd check/raise.

You can be sure either mp1 or mp2 will bet out with something like 33/TT/KTs, BTN has no clue but will probably call making it ~12.5BB to you. Raise and they have like 14.5-1 in a huge pot. Even if they suspect you have the flush anyone with a set or 2pair has the odds to call for a boat. There is no way you can protect yourself, because even if you bet out they get the correct odds for a call. Pray for a good river and take down a huge pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you bet out you most likely only get a call from MP2 who I suspect has a set or 2pair and can draw to a boat anyway, but then you miss some bets from loose callers like BTN.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:54 AM

EDIT: BB folded
Old 10-12-2007, 08:34 AM

bet the turn.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 AM

Why did you choose not to bet out on the flop with your nut flush draw ?

There was no indication that anyone else would have bet the flop if you checked, as no one had raised preflop.

By the way, what limit was this ?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you choose not to bet out on the flop with your nut flush draw ?

There was no indication that anyone else would have bet the flop if you checked, as no one had raised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So ? What would a bet accomplish ? But i think what you're after. I didn't bet the flop for value, because i wasn't sure if i'd get 3 callers. I didn't bet to take the pot right now, because i didn't think everyone would just fold. Why would i bet with a draw, if i estimate i'll get 1 or 2 callers ?

Limit is .5/1
Old 10-12-2007, 09:51 AM

I bet the turn. Small chance it could get checked thru if MP2 et al think someone now has a flush, and that would really suck. More likely MP2 still likes his set, and raises you, and button may have hit a flush and will raise or 3 bet. Lots of good things can happen if you bet, worst is everyone calls (straight draws will still call, set/2pair hands also).
Old 10-12-2007, 10:20 AM

I would'nt check raise the flop... just bet outright, because your position and you do not know what villans are going to do.

The turn came and you have the nut flush... just bet it.

I think your getting FPS with all the C/R's

Edited: Ok... one more time... becasue Rig is multitasking and not paying attention!

Rig
Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't bet the flop for value, because i wasn't sure if i'd get 3 callers. I didn't bet to take the pot right now, because i didn't think everyone would just fold. Why would i bet with a draw, if i estimate i'll get 1 or 2 callers ?

Limit is .5/1

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I see your point. However, you only need to get a couple of callers to make a flop bet breakeven EV.

You did not give any reads, but 4 other players seeing the flop implies a certain amount of looseness to me.

So with 4 presumably loosish players to act after you and a K and T on the flop, I would have imagined that there was a fair chance that you would have got at least 2 callers if you had bet.