Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:15 AM

Default How do you BEAT this game???

I'm curious if anyone has any experience playing single limit structure (for example, straight 2 where all bets are 2 pre-flop, flop, turn, river). Is this type of game actually less profitable over the long run than $1/2.

The reason I ask is because loose players would have better odds to make loose calls since the pot is bigger and the bet doesn't double on the turn to steeply cut their weak draw odds. It seems like this would lessen the profit you make from players making bad calls when they don't have the right odds. It would often be correct to call with weak draws all the way to the river like this so the only dead money would come from pre-flop calls. Is it worthwhile or should I stick to $1/2.

I play in Florida where there is a $2 bet maximum and the 2 straight games have bigger pots than the $1/2. I'd like to play for more $$$ live but I don't want to play a game that I don't have as much of an edge in if it's not as profitable.

Thoughts? Any reason to play this game? Everyone is very loose, often 8 people seeing the flop.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: How do you BEAT this game???

What's the problem? Bad players who don't know the odds are putting more money in pre-flop and on the flop. You should be able to crush this game.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 AM

Default Re: How do you BEAT this game???

We've discussed this 2 or 3 times in the last week. These games are immensely profitable. Please use the search function. I'm locking this thread.
Closed Thread